atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sonnym Sip testing officeserv - 07/28/16 12:34 AM
We have a new supplier that we would like to try sip lines with. They are providing us with test account. I have OS7030 and OS7100 in the office for testing . However none of the systems have sip & MGI licences. I heard you can use tutorial mode in officeserv systems. Is this true? If so how can i turn it on? or do i need to purchase licences?
Posted By: nameless Re: Sip testing officeserv - 07/28/16 05:53 AM
you can enable the tutorial license on both these systems.

depending on the software version will depend on how long the tutorial license lasts.

if doing sip i would recommend upgrading to 4.75 or higher software due to the enhanced sip logging and security
Posted By: sonnym Re: Sip testing officeserv - 07/28/16 01:13 PM
Thank you for your reply. Both system have the latest software in them.
would you mind telling me how to turn the tutorial on?
Posted By: wmelliott Re: Sip testing officeserv - 07/28/16 06:55 PM
In Device Manger 2.1.4, just select tutorial license as the value for Temporary / License Type (very first field on the page). Once you save and refresh, you'll be able to see your remaining license time. I believe you have 60 days total. Be sure and turn off the tutorial license when you're finished testing so that you have time left to test other features in the future.
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Sip testing officeserv - 10/29/16 08:07 PM
Jumping on this older post.

When I try to activate the tutorial license to do some testing, I get an error that says "limited in duplicated license" then it doesn't change anything. Same result with urgent.
I was hoping to try out some 3rd party sip configurations and can't seem to make it work.

Any thoughts?
Posted By: nameless Re: Sip testing officeserv - 10/30/16 10:08 AM
You'll need to remove any current license before enabling the tutorial license
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Sip testing officeserv - 10/31/16 04:14 PM
Well, that's the kicker.

It sure would be nice if Samsung updated their common programming manuals with accurate DM instructions one day.

They should contract nameless to do it ;-)

Cheers brother!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help