atcomsystems.ca/forum
Has anyone found a headset manufacturer that offers a wireless behind the ear headset with Electronic Hook Switch integration with the Samsung SMT-i6010, 6011, 6020 & 6021 phones?

MikeS In VA
Plantronics cs530 looks like what you want.
Their ehs cable (apu72) works with the 5343 and 6000 series.
Make sure the firmware is the latest on the cable and the phones.
Thanks Steven,

I knew the Plantronics APU72 with a CS530 works with the 5343, but I called Plantronics and they said that they had no compatibility with the new 6000 series phones.

So you have tested and it works well?

MikeS In VA

I've tried the apu72 and apu71 (the earlier model which didn't have provision for a busy light) and they both work ok with CS540.

You can't go off hook from idle though, that got me when I was testing.
Thanks Steven,

1. But you can answer calls and hang up calls remotely?

2. If you are not a your desk, you get tone in the headset for an incoming call?

MikeS in VA
1. Yes

2. I've never tested this, but i don't see why you wouldn't. That functionality is provided by the lifter so i'd be surprised if it didn't.
Any updates on this?

I’m about to do an all IP install next week using I6021’s and the customer is adamant that one of the users who is currently using a lift kit on an old comdial be able to do the same thing on the I6021.

I’m testing it now on mine with a Bluetooth and I can answer a call with the Bluetooth headset if my extension is called directly but not when the station group rings without punching a button on the phone which makes a certain sense I guess.
I've never used bluetooth, but the plantronics apu-72 cable with the latest firmware works.
Make sure you're running the latest firmware on the handset as well.

Shouldn't matter the call type, the ehs just takes the phone off hook.
You don't use headset mode (mmc110) with ehs, but you need to tell the phone to use ehs.

I seem to remember reading that the off hook from idle is fixed in newer firmware (1.40) or it may have been in the apu-72 firmware.
Ok great, the Bluetooth works fine except the phone has to ring directly.

Thanks
That sounds like a bug in the handset firmware.

It shouldn't matter how your phone rings (DID, ICM, Group call), if it rings you should be able to remote answer with the headset.
We have had success with the plantronics with the lifters. If you place the lifter over the speaker as normal, then it will lift up the handset enough from behind to take it off the hookswitch and it works like on any regular phone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help