atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wmelliott SVMi-20E and Office 365 - 12/21/16 04:41 PM
I have a client who is in the process of going to Office 365. They have been using an internal SMTP relay for voicemail to email functionality and it has been working flawlessly. Now their IT consultant wants to do away with the relay and have the SVMi-20E communicate directly with the Office 365 mail servers. I have my doubts that it's even possible. Has anyone tried it?

In a quick test this morning, I just kept getting an authentication failure and "LOGIN not supported" in the SVMi-20E activity log.

If it won't work, what other options do we have? My preference is for their IT guy to get his SMTP relay working and to leave to VM configuration alone. If that doesn't happen, will it work with a new SVMi-20i?

Thanks in advance for the input.
Posted By: nameless Re: SVMi-20E and Office 365 - 12/23/16 10:34 AM
the svmi20e doesn't support TLS or SSL encryption, and never will.

The SVMi20i does support these as does the OS7030/OS7100/OS7200s 4.60 and higher.

You need to turn on plain text authentication for that mailbox.

Or setup a GMAIL account, there are threads on the settings you need in the VM/GMAIL for this to work.

This is also an issue with any exchange server released in the last 10 years or so.
Posted By: birdlady710 Re: SVMi-20E and Office 365 - 01/09/17 09:55 PM
also the vmail to email may not work properly going to an office365 account - this problem started last year - and I don't think Samsung came up with a patch. This has to do with the header information on new messages vs redirected/forwarded messages.
Posted By: wmelliott Re: SVMi-20E and Office 365 - 02/06/17 04:11 PM
I forgot to update this thread when we got it resolved, so I thought I'd take a minute and do that now. Working with the customer's IT consultant we have the SVMi sending messages to the in-house SMTP relay and the relay is handling the encrypted connection with the Office 365 servers. The setup is working well and it was definitely a much less expensive route that upgrading the VM.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help