atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/17/17 03:42 PM
Anyone have any success with the SCM over the Officeserv? Just curious about your thoughts on it. Possible Pro's and Con's. Haven't really had a need for it in our market since the Officeserv can handle all of our clients needs.

What do you all think?
Posted By: phonman123 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/17/17 06:23 PM
We have been a Samsung dealer since the 816.

We are not looking at the SCM. Have not heard too many good thing about it yet.
Biggest problem is how long will they keep the 7000 Systems going?
Posted By: pvj Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/17/17 08:31 PM
They'll probably keep the 7XXX series going as long as they sell.Look at the DS series phones they never sold well here and the iDCS series while older are still made and the DS phones aren't.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/17/17 08:42 PM
Don't even get me started on the SCM-C...
Posted By: John807 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/17/17 10:21 PM
My personal preference is the Os7000 series in my humble opinion the SCM is limited. But then again I won't sell sip trunks either.
Posted By: Matt_GC Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 06:26 AM
With the risk of opening up a can of worms John 807, - why won't you sell sip trunks? Is it purely a risk issue?
Posted By: nameless Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 10:32 AM
We were told when the SCM-C first was released that the OS7000 except the OS7030 will be end of life sometime after it's released.
It's priced well for the most part.
Once they fix the bugs (hopefully in 2.1) and give us BLF on orbit park it will be a good system.
Having more then 6 ring plans is great (you can have a schedule (which has 16 ring plans) per indial number if you want).
Remote gateways and failover, everything being 1 system so you don't have the issue of customers wanting phones in multiple locations to ring at once (which you can't do with SPNET).
1 system for management.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 04:52 PM
They are also planning on at least one more version of the SCM-C, a smaller/cheaper which I assume will replace the 7100/7200s. I would start learning or at least getting acquainted with it sooner than later. I think it's pretty well known like nameless said, once the bugs are worked out EOL on the OS won't be too far behind.
Posted By: John807 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 07:51 PM
Matt,
Most of my clients are school districts, government and financial institutions. Personally I don't like the overall call quality. Their concerns are that each company sets it up a little differently, it's not standardized or regulated (as far as I know) and there is a security concern. I have also talked to equipment Mfr.'s that say yes our system does Sip trunking these are the companies we have tested with and approve, if you don't use one of them we may not be able to support you. Which to me means today it works with these guys if they change something on their side maybe not.
Here's a bizarre example one of my government clients has a hosted solution provided by the local cable company (they are so displeased with it their offsite DPW and Construction offices stayed with 7030's). Their DPW has a 7030 being fed copper lines through the same cable companies modem. They opted to use the cable companies voice mail service. If the main building calls and goes no answer the cable companies voice mail won't take a message. The cable company keeps telling them it's the 7030. I put a S/L phone directly on the line removing the 7030 same results. The construction office uses a 7030 same set up only uses the 7030 AA and voicemail no troubles.
Posted By: John807 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 07:53 PM
So Genesis, I guess I should talk to Denise about an SCM Demo? I know for awhile they had them attractively priced?
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 08:13 PM
I think once everything is addressed and working it will be a very good system. It's needs a few more features added and it sounds like we will eventually get them, until then it's very hard for customers to get used to this if they are used to a traditional key system.
BLF on the park keys is a huge one and was supposed to be added before 2017, still waiting.
Posted By: John807 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/18/17 08:22 PM
Thanks, I typically get a demo play with it, put it through what I expect it to do then consider selling it. I have stuff here I bought to evaluate and would never install.
Posted By: Lacota Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 01/28/17 07:50 AM
I will be installing one soon as a phone system(already have one as a gateway), I have it in my office at the moment and I like seems to be more flexible then an officeserv has a built in SIP trace which is handy, the only problem I am having with it is with WE-Voip on IOS as it does not work as well as the android WE-Voip, it will not ring in a parallel ring group also will not give voicemail notification.

Also have an SCME working over 3 site which allows hot desking between each site.
Posted By: dogs Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/01/17 10:49 PM
The SCMC BLF orbit is hurting me right now, along with DHCP server options and some strange PSTN issues. I wont PSTN the SCMC again. As far as SCMC v Officeserv goes, the only option is SCMC, no point investing more time and client $'s into a product that is approaching EOL.
Posted By: nameless Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/01/17 11:14 PM
The blf orbit park will be fixed very soon I'm told. I'm hoping a few moh issues with multiple moh's will be fixed in the next release.
Posted By: phonman123 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/03/17 01:26 AM
I've been doing this stuff since 1973. My opinion, if Samsung does the EOL for the OfficeServ, it will be the EOL for STA.
Posted By: pvj Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/03/17 04:32 AM
I don't think STA or maybe I should say Korea cares .Look at some of the products they sent away quickly like orphans

The 400 , 616, the wireless SLIM DS24 phone sets etc it goes on.They seem to treat commercial products like consumer models and want to change just to bring a newer model out instead of letting a product develop and mature.In my opinion an upgrade path from the 7030 to a 7100 ie same 4 port dli and trunk cards would have been a great idea and reduced costs for them manufacturing and dealers stocking equipment.But like cell phones it's all about keeping the factory busy .I think the 7XXX line will also be the end for me with Samsung it's to close to retirement to start down the SCM path
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/03/17 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by pvj
I don't think STA or maybe I should say Korea cares .Look at some of the products they sent away quickly like orphans

The 400 , 616, the wireless SLIM DS24 phone sets etc it goes on.They seem to treat commercial products like consumer models and want to change just to bring a newer model out instead of letting a product develop and mature.In my opinion an upgrade path from the 7030 to a 7100 ie same 4 port dli and trunk cards would have been a great idea and reduced costs for them manufacturing and dealers stocking equipment.But like cell phones it's all about keeping the factory busy .I think the 7XXX line will also be the end for me with Samsung it's to close to retirement to start down the SCM path

Oh no... PVJ speaking of retirement? shocked
Posted By: John807 Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/03/17 07:44 PM
I'm with PVJ if the 7000 goes I'll stick with IPO or another hybrid solution. Pretty soon cell carriers will probably be doing quasi centrex stuff and on premise will be dead IMHO.
Posted By: andma Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/06/17 12:02 PM
stick with the OS SCM. has a few faults... PSTN gateways, intermittent programming access, loss off DSS programming.

also in Australia i think we are no longer competitive.
Posted By: pweirich Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/09/17 05:13 PM
Hi guys,
what do you mean with BLF orbit park in the SCMC?
I didn't heart about this.

Thanks.
Posted By: dogs Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/10/17 12:08 AM
Hi @pweirich, when you park the call there is no lamp indication, it works fine but no visible indication. Version 2 will have a fix, coming soon.
Posted By: nameless Re: SCM vs OfficeServ...... - 02/14/17 12:47 PM
Those faults were on 1 SCM-E and some of those are likely network related, and only occurred once (so i'm told).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help