atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sonnym Unable to dial some toll free numbers - 02/16/17 01:59 AM
Customer has a 7200-s ver 4.75 with sip lines. they are unable to dial SOME toll free numbers. The message they get on the phone display is Bad Gateway! I called the line provider and they said nothing they can do. Is there anything i can do on my system to stop this from happening?
Posted By: John807 Re: Unable to dial some toll free numbers - 02/16/17 03:33 PM
If you turn on SMDR do you see the calls getting out to the network?
Posted By: sonnym Re: Unable to dial some toll free numbers - 02/16/17 07:31 PM
yes. Strange thing is only some toll free numbers not all. I spoke to my carrier and they said it is the other carrier's issue at the receiving end. They are not accepting the calls since it is coming from sip lines and they do not want to pay for the call!! it is kind of crazy isn't it?
Posted By: John807 Re: Unable to dial some toll free numbers - 02/16/17 09:42 PM
Hmmm seems odd? Maybe Nameless or Genesis will chime in if they have ever seen this before.
I've had it happen a few times on SIP, never got the excuse you got though. I just call my SIP carrier and force them to open a ticket with the problem carrier, on rare occasions they've had to go the Tier 1 provider to get these resolved.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help