atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Supert8ch Samsung Officeserv 7200 DID ring types? - 03/22/17 12:55 AM
I am not familiar with this system so have to ask the more knowledgeable people.
Customer has a PRI into the system. He has had a single DID coming in since he purchased the system. He has now started another business. He had a DID ordered and placed on the PRI. The same people answer the telephones for both companies. The problem is that they have to be looking at the phones every time a call comes in to know which company is being called in order to answer it correctly. They would like to find out if the system can do this some how. I do the wiring and do not looking to learn another system so would like to give some detail as to how they can make this work.
Here are some of the ideas I have but not sure if they can have done:
Have the line number ring a different tone on the phones when called in on.
Have a phone sitting in the room with a different tone set on it and assign that line to it and allow the other phones to do a call pickup.
Have a buzzer or such connected to contact closure from the system and have that line buzz it.

Beyond that not sure what the options are.

Thanks for any input you may have.
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Samsung Officeserv 7200 DID ring types? - 03/22/17 11:19 AM
1 Yes you give different ring tone
2 you can make the line ring a different phone and do pick up
3 you could also put a name on the line to you would know which line was called
Well the main reason is to not have to look at the phone. I am assuming it will be through like trunk port programming 70? something. I will read around on that so I can give them some reference of information.

Thank you.
When you programmed the new DID into the DID table and told it to ring somewhere. There is a option for DGP tone or Tone, just change that to a different number. It is normally off by default. This will give that number a different ring tone on all phones when the call comes in.
Posted By: nfabis54 Re: Samsung Officeserv 7200 DID ring types? - 04/04/17 02:20 AM
You can also assign ring plans to different phones. I have a curler that has same problem one system for 2 businesses in same building. We made each business a different group and had that group only ring certain phones. That way they knew if it rang in lobby and back office for example they knew to answer it for whatever business it was assigned to.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help