atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ATechguy DS 616 & Viking E-10/ Electric Strike - 07/24/17 06:31 PM
HI! I have 2 Samsung door phones the Front door is find but i need to replace the rear 1 which has a electric door strike working thru the Samsung door module , problem is with the Viking on a SLI port and programmed as a hotline to ring Station grp 503 works but don't have the option in the display to open the door strike , tried code 13 on key pad but no go , You can't add the sli ext. to the door phone group , the samsung DPIM module still works but the out door phone is getting old and has seen better days,, does anybody have a suggestion on how to make it work ,or do i need the other viking entry module ,, or can a relay on the samsung be jerry rigged ?? Yes get a new system , but this is a no profit org. Its a DS616. amen
Posted By: pvj Re: DS 616 & Viking E-10/ Electric Strike - 07/24/17 07:28 PM
You would probably be better connecting a unit to a co port if you can then you should be able to dial access a code to enable the doorstrike.
Alternatively if you leave the DPIM in place and assign a DSS key to it,they could use the open function with what they have.Little bit messy but it will work.

I had a customer with an inside lobby doorbox and I hooked up a spare digital set with a ringdown to a group and they can talk to the door but if they want to allow access they have to press the DPIM DSS key to open the door.It works
Posted By: ATechguy Re: DS 616 & Viking E-10/ Electric Strike - 07/24/17 08:26 PM
HI! PVJ < I noticed in MMC723 there is a DSS key u can prog. to be Door lock ,, so if i program the SLI Ext. 315 to be Rear Door they should able to press the dss key Door Lock , i should of looked there today but didn't bring my manual. That should work right?? Thks
Posted By: pvj Re: DS 616 & Viking E-10/ Electric Strike - 07/24/17 08:52 PM
Not sure never used that feature before. It may be a feature that needs to see the Samsung doorbox to work
Posted By: ATechguy Re: DS 616 & Viking E-10/ Electric Strike - 07/24/17 09:08 PM
I will try it with and with out door box , if i have to keep it connected in the phone room, i will do that. Will report back. Thks
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help