atcomsystems.ca/forum
Existing OS7100 V4.95 with (30) Local IP Phones and (15) Remote IP Phones did have Netgear firewalls at each location. One Polycom IP7000 Third Party SIP Device Working Successfully at Each Site.

Customer upgraded to Fortigate Firewalls at Each Location With a VPN tunnel between sites. All SMT Voip phones at site two register successfully to site one over the VPN.

The Polycom IP7000 at site two did not come back up when the firewalls were installed. It will not register at site two using the Private address 192.168.1.254 (the Samsung phone system), or by using the Comcast public static IP address that it used previously and won't register locally at site one.

Here is the error we are getting:

Registration failed User Error Code:480 Temporarily not available

What do think it is?

MikeS In VA

When you say won't register locally at site one. Is it directly connected to the PBX or still behind networking equipment? My gut says ports aren't open somewhere?
The Polycom IP7000 will not register on the LAN at the main site one just connecting to the LAN through new Netgear switch which the Samsung OS7100 and OAS card are connected to.A new Fortigate 80e is providing DHCP on the LAN. It also will not register trying to connect over a VPN to site one from site two. Site two has Netgear switch and a new Fotigate 60e which is providing DHCP and is connected to Fortigate 80e through VPN.

Previously worked with a Netgear Nighthawk router at the main site and a Linksys router at site two with no VPN

IP scheme at site one 192.168.1. IP scheme at site two is 192.168.2.

I can program the phone system from site two using the local LAN address at site one.

MikeS In VA
3rd party sip devices need to have the extension number and username the same or they won't register.
Check your whitelist setting for that extension.
You haven't configured a DHCP option the polycom is looking at by accident have you?
I've never done a IP7000 but a few IP6000 and IP5000 which are similar.
Did you configure the polycom via the phone or via the web interface?
I've found that with V4.x and higher polycom the web interface is good.
Have a look in 5.2.xx (i can't remember exactly) in DM it's called ACL or access, it will give a reason for the sip fail (username/password error, etc)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help