atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John807 Forwarding mailboxes - 09/24/17 01:07 PM
Greetings,
I have a client with a new 4.9x Os7100 that wants emergency messages to go to mailbox A and call a cell number then if the call isn't answered after 15 minutes forward to a second mailbox and call a cell if that goes unanswered after 15 minutes forward back to the original mailbox and toggle between the two until answered. My questions are on the forward should I delete the message so if it forwards back it looks like a new message? If the cellphone voicemail answers the call will it stop the Forwarding? Suggestions on the best way to set this up?
Thanks as always,
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Forwarding mailboxes - 10/09/17 04:23 PM
You can have it delete the message after the forward. Only thing is once you do this, then you will lose the original message with the CID info. You can have it delete from the second mailbox going back to the first. I would recommend the second mailbox being one that isn't tied to another extension as then the vm for that extension don't get forwarded if not needed. As for the original mailbox do not delete message after forwarding. Once the mailbox alert call is answered, that will stop the chain. We use this at our office. Just remember that the system will try 3 times from a mailbox to deliver the message in that 15 minute span. So if you need it done sooner than that. Then set your forwarding timer to 10 or even 5 minutes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help