atcomsystems.ca/forum
OS7400 + SVMi-20E.

If person A calls in and presses [1] for ring group 1, when person B calls in and selects an extension that exists in ring group 1, it immediately goes to voicemail for that extension if person A is still ringing.

Is there any way to supersede the ring group ring on an extension when another person dials an extension directly?

Thanks!
How many Call keys are on the phones?
All phones are DS-5021D. 21 buttons.
O.k. but how many are Call keys or intercom keys?
Normal setup of a phone. Only thing that changes per extension is the GPIK number of course.

1 - CALL 1
2 - CALL 2
3 - CALL 3
4 - GPIK 5
5 - PARK
6 - DS
7 - MUTE
8 - DS
9 - DS
10 - DS
11 - DS
12 - DS
13 - DS
14 - BARGE
15 - RP 2
16 - RP 1
17 - PAGE 0
18 - SPD
19 - DND
20 - VT 549
21 - VMMSG
That looks o.k. is call fwd busy set on the phones?
In the SVMi-20E under the Extension blocks, page 4, I have NO-ANSR and BUSY set to go to their own mailbox.

In Device Manager 5.15.6, all extension are "Forward Cancel" except for certain extensions where employees have left. Those are set to "All" to people taking over their work.
Also, I found that in 3.2.3, all our DiDs had "Call Wait" set to "No". I changed them to "Yes".
Does it work now? The call wait on the DiD's might have been the issue.
WIll have to test after COB. Can't test right now since I can't verify the ring group is still ringing from 1 call while another direct extension call is placed.
And... It's working. Person A calling in shows up on Call 1 button. Person B calling in and either selecting the same option as person A or dialing an extension directly shows up on Call 2 button. Works well enough.

Thanks for asking the right questions to make me dig.
How is the programming setup for the did to extension or group? The programming you did in the SVMi20E you don't need it. I would suggest removing it and using the preset foward no answer in mmc programming to point to the vm group. Turn the call wait to off, if not the call will just sit there until they're able to answer it. By giving them the multiple keys, they will get the second call to come in. If you want to restrict the number of calls into that did, then use max call and set it to desired number.
We have 4 PRIs (92 lines) coming in with an average of 300 inbound calls and 3,100 outbound calls daily.

Although we have many DiDs, there are only 2 that are really inbound. 1 goes directly to a ring group for a small partner company. The other main DiD goes to 549, which is our "Thank you for calling..." AA. From there, the menu goes to ring groups, dial-by-name, and operator.

I'm looking at changing buttons 1 - 5 as call buttons.

I'm not sure I'm following what you're explaining.

Here's what I'm thinking of changing the buttons to on all phones. (Compare with what I posted above previously.)

Main reasons for change is to allow more inbounds to ring. Also, removed the RP buttons. Don't want someone accidently changing how things operate (If they know the main password.)

CALL 1
CALL 2
CALL 3
CALL 4
CALL 5
PARK
MUTE

GPIK 1 [#]
GPIK 2 [#]
GPIK 3 [#]
GPIK 4 [#]
GPIK 5 [#]
GPIK 6 [#]
BARGE

DS
DS
PAGE
SPD
DND
VT
VMMSG

With that setup, you're allowing each phone to handle 5 calls at a time through out the system. If that's how you chose then very well. I would be careful with the Barge. I don't think the supervisor would like their call barged in on by a regular employee. As for the number of group pickup keys, you don't need that many on that phone. In order for a phone to use that key they have to be a member of that pickup group. Each phone can only be a member of one phone. So perhaps you can have other uses for those buttons. I know it may seem difficult to choose. I don't know the specifics of what you're trying to accomplish for it all.
I have the following groups:
500 - Overflow (32 members) - next port 511 - (Same members as 506)
501 - Reception (1 member) - will be operator
502 - Small side company (4 members)
503 - Compliance group (5 members)
504 - Client Services (17 members)
505 - Accounting (7 members)
506 - Recruitment group 1 (32 members) - Next port 511
507 - Special recruitment group (4 members)
508 - IT (3 members)
509 - Housing (2 members)
510 - HR (1 member)
511 - Recruiting group 2 (30 members)

The reason I chose to have 5 call buttons and 5 or 6 GPIK buttons is that we have a large amount of recruiters here that deal all day long on the phone. 90% of our calls are done by the extensions in 506 and 511 (No overlap of extensions between those groups)

For example, I have seen 3 calls come in at the same time. So, I figured more call buttons would allow quicker response, especially around our peak inbound times (10am cst and 2pm cst).
The reason for the GPIK buttons is some managers want the ability to see where calls are coming in and answer calls if they ring too long. But are you saying that the GPIK will only work for the groups you are a member of? I have multiple GPIK buttons on my phone. They flash red when calls hit those groups. I guess I never tried picking up a call in a group.

As far as BARGE, I have 3 levels setup:
1 - SECURE = NO, OVERRIDE = NO - Regular employees.
2 - SECURE = NO, OVERRIDE = YES - Management / Supervisor level
3 - SECURE = YES, OVERRIDE = YES - Owners C-level only.

Forgot to mention. Except for 500 and 506, all other next ports are 549 - BI-VMS(SVM) Sequential with all 12 ports of our SVMi-20E in the 549 group.
This is a quote directly from the programming book:
Allows the assignments of stations into call pickup groups. There are 99 pickup groups in the system. An unlimited number can belong in each group. Stations can only be in one given group at any given time.

I have never tried having a station in more than one group but I think it will give you an error if you try to pick up from a group you aren't in. One way around this may be that you can use a virtual station and assign a different station to each pickup group then give a DS button for that station. Once it starts ringing then they should be able to press the DS button and answer that call. Of course you can still label it group #... but they will not know the difference. Since the latest software allows you to answer calls using a DS button.

My other question is, do you have everything working as it is supposed to be? Do you need help with anything else?
I've not had an issue with the same extensions being in 500 and 506.
500 is the "goto operator" in the SVMi-20e EClass and MClass settings.
506 is the "Press [1] for recruiting" from the menu system.

The guy who set this up originally had all extensions (When the company was small) in both 500 and 506. (There were less than 32 extensions back then.)

Things are working ok so far. I'll test the GPIK buttons after hours on my phone.

I created a beast when I showed them I setup an SMDR to SQL capture program for call accounting and wrote a few reports.

My next job is changing the main greeting prompts for day, night, holiday and inclement weather and reworking the menu. "Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed..."

Thanks for all of your insight and help!
Groups 500 and 506 are station hunt groups. That's not the same thing as a Pick-Up group. A phone can be in multiple station hunt groups at a time, but only one pick-up group. You may have to experiment with pick-up keys set to ask for a specific group to answer from to allow a phone outside that group to answer a call.

Just as a security thing, I always take everything out of group 500, set the voicemail password to something really outrageous and forget all about it's existence. The SVMI won't allow you to delete it and lots of hackers know about it and have used it to get into a system. Just sayin'
ummmm... Wow... News to me!

So take all extensions out of 500, change the EClass and MClass of "Operator" to another group, change the 500 Mailbox password to something long and forgettable (how long?)

Did I miss anything?

Thank you for this insight! I have noticed several late night calls into the system...
If you disable outgoing calls in the mclass and eclass then you don't have to worry about hackers dialing in. If you do need those options, then you can create a separate class and put said extension or mbx to that class. Just don't allow international or long distance if it isn't needed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help