atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: joshuacook Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/10/17 05:53 PM
When trying to remotely connect to a couple of our clients' OfficeServe systems using Device Manager, we are getting a popup that states 'Using Installation Tool...' Even if an incorrect password is entered, this popup appears.
I try to connect to this same site using IT Tool, but get the same error popup message.

The sites that we are having an issue with have been accessed remotely earlier in the week. Thoughts on what is causing this???
Thanks-
Posted By: joshuacook Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/15/17 12:20 AM
I was onsite to troubleshoot an SD card issue at one of the sites and rebooted the system. Tried to access the system using DM while onsite but received the 'Using Installation Tool...' error message but I was able to access programming through the phone.

Still have an additional site that we are having the 'Using Installation Tool...' popup. Anybody else had this issue? And was there any cause?
Posted By: John807 Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/15/17 03:32 AM
What systems and what s/w level?
Posted By: joshuacook Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/15/17 05:09 PM
The system is an OS 7100 and software is 4.99.
Are you trying to use IT Tool on the newer s/w systems as well? That's a no no there. Have you tried having them reboot the system and then you use just DM to access programming? I stopped using IT tool once DM came around as it works on older versions of most systems, except the old mp40 and mp20 or mcp software.
Posted By: joshuacook Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/15/17 07:45 PM
Initially I tried to use DM to access the system but tried IT Tool after trying. Received the same 'Using Installation Tool...' popup when using IT Tool.

We have another site with the same issue- OS 7200 running s/w ver.4.80. I have not been out to reboot this system so it is still giving the 'Using Installation Tool...' popup.
Posted By: John807 Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/16/17 12:54 PM
Hi BizTel I just used DM 4.99 on an mcp 20 4.40d with no issues. Thought I would just pass it along in case it's an improvement.
Thanks
Posted By: mtnman Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/16/17 05:07 PM
I also have the same problem OS7200 ver. 4.92
@John807 I was more referring to the systems you had to run the apache tomcat for.. I think it was the s/w versions previous to 4.30... That's when they moved to IT tool.

@mtnman What did you try doing first that caused this issue to show up? Did you just try with DM? Do you have any old software on the SD card still?
Posted By: mtnman Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/17/17 02:32 PM
the system was only 2 months old, I was trying to make some changes remotely and get using IT Tool. I have this problem on another site so I know that a system reset fixes the problem for a while. Someone trying to hack the system?
Posted By: John807 Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/18/17 01:12 PM
I had that trouble once when I was connected and lost internet connectivity when I tried to get back in the system thought I was still connected from the previous session. I really prefer to do remote access through Tesm Viewer or remote desktop anything tjat has DM on a local machine for that reason and added security.
Posted By: joshuacook Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/27/17 07:20 PM
After rebooting the customer systems I was able to connect remotely.
Now one week later, I am back at the "Using Installation Tool..." pop-up.
This system is a dual cabinet OS7200 running v4.80.

@John807 I had the same pop-up while onsite and connected to the same network as the system.
Posted By: John807 Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 11/27/17 08:19 PM
Anybody besides you have access to the systems? Sounds like somebody might be getting to the log in page and just dropping out with out exiting the application correctly.
Posted By: robtech Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 12/01/17 01:58 PM
I've seen this happening alot lately. I also have had quite a few 7100's and 7200's getting the date changed to year 2092. Cannot change the time. Have to reboot system, then allowed to change time. I'm wondering if there are servers (hackers) trying to hack the systems and locking them up?
Posted By: Temperor Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 12/05/17 11:49 PM
I have this issue on couple of my clients. I believe this is a known issue. For now, you'll just need to reboot the phone system and you should be able to log onto the system with osdm.
Posted By: sonnym Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 01/25/18 04:22 AM
I have the same problem on 2 officeserv 7030 ver 4.82.
Just curious. Does the program run future dates? Thinking of the 32 bit Unix-like time format.

That is dates on January 19th 2038 (03:14:07 UTC) will roll over to January 1, 1900 (00:00:01).

Programs that run future dates need to have a work around by January 2018.

If the program does use future dates and has not rolled to January 1, then perhaps there is a bug in the software fix?
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 01/31/18 12:11 AM
This is apparently the result of a hacking attempt. Locks up the network port and the DM returns that error. Only way around that I've found is to reset the system by hand. Major hassle.
Posted By: foneman Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 02/07/18 08:08 PM
I have this going on on all my 7000 series systems different versions 7100 7200s 7400
Posted By: joshuacook Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 01/28/19 09:10 PM
Anyone out there with this issue been able to block the hacking attempts? Still an ongoing issue that I have had to battle on other units out at customer sites.

When I use ITTool, I get a pop-up with an IP address of what I believe is the connected IP address. We add the IP address to the blacklist in the router onsite but the only way to gain access seems to be resetting the system.
Posted By: joshuacook Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 02/06/19 06:58 PM
Update-
Using a non-default port in OSDM, I was able to connect to the remote system and disconnect the foreign IP address that was blocking our remote access.
Since port 5091 is forwarded to the system LAN IP address in the remote site firewall, I used this port as the Data Port instead of 5090.

This has only been used on one site at this point, but I will try again when I run into another site that is blocking remote access and returning a "Using Installation Tool..." pop-up.
If anyone else can verify, please respond.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 02/10/19 04:56 PM
Way back, I was told ports 161, 162 TCP should be blocked on the firewall. Can't remember why. Something about unwanted requests maybe?
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Samsung Device Manager Login Error - 08/23/19 08:22 PM
I know this is an older post, but I just had this happen to me as well on port 5090. Changed my port to 5091 (which I always open up as well like joshuacook stated). Used port 5091 and it showed me the ip address of who was connected (some ip address in amsterdam). I disconnected them and was able to log back into port 5090. Just wanted to share the information.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help