atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John807 Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 05:36 PM
Greetings,
Does anyone know how to set up a conference call with a Polycom IP 5000? If I use the conference key I can call the second number but when I hit it again it doesn't conference the calls together? What am I missing?
TIA,
Posted By: Lacota Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 06:28 PM
Don't think it's possible I've tried it with other conference phones as well with the same results, it's trying to conference within the phone rather then the system and it's something to do with the MGI's not working well with it or so I've been told.

I have been looking for away around it with no luck as I have a few customers who want to use the conference facility on their conference phone smile
Posted By: John807 Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 06:33 PM
If you need a solution that does work we have been using the KonfTel 300wx with a Dect 10 base. This Polycom thing is weird the Polycom has the outside call and if I conference in a digital phone the digital phone has conversation to the Polycom but can't hear the outside ca ller.
Posted By: nameless Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 08:09 PM
It can be done. It's a pain in the ass process. You have to-do the convergence call using the conference feature code, and pretend the conference key on the phone doesn't exist
Posted By: John807 Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 08:14 PM
Hi Nameless I tried that too. What shoild I be using as a flash key? I tried the transfer unless there is something else I need to do in the Polycom's setup?
TIA,
Posted By: nameless Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 08:18 PM
You use the hold key, then new call.
I'll see if i still have the cheat sheet we made up for it

It's similar to an analogue phone conference call, but with more steps
Posted By: John807 Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/07/18 08:19 PM
If you have it that would be great. TIA
Posted By: Lacota Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/08/18 06:21 PM
Are you saying the Konftel works using the conference key as one of our engineers tried it with no luck?

Nameless if you do find the cheat sheet can you send it my way also please smile

Many thanks.

Can be done, we made a guide to do it

Polycom IP5000

Single Call
Press “New Call”
Dial 9 + number
Press send.

Conference Call (2 Callers + the conference unit)

Press “New Call”, Dial 9 + number, Press Send (wait for caller to answer)
Press Hold
Press New Call, Dial 46 Press Send wait for call to clear
Press New Call, Dial 9 + Number, Press Send (wait for caller to answer)
Press Hold
Press New Call, Dial 46 Press Send
Press Resume to join the calls together.
Posted By: John807 Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/10/18 12:41 AM
I finally had an opportunity to try this after I hit hold I don't get a new call key I only get resume, transfer and conference. Is there a setting in the Polycom I am missing?
TIA
Posted By: ATechguy Re: Setting up conference call with IP 5000 - 02/10/18 01:44 PM
Not sure if this might help.
https://www.mynfon.com/en/manuals/c...l/c-operation/6-conferences-3-way-calls/
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help