atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: olympia_eric INTER DIGIT TIME - 03/22/18 05:18 PM
Hello everyone. I recently started a new job and have inherited a dozen or so offices with samsung officeserv 7100 & 7200 phone systems. I got to say I know nothing about these things and have been trying to come up to speed over the last few weeks. The majority of our offices are PRI with a couple that are on analog. I have a list of phone irritations from the boss that I need to resolve and the first one really has me stumped. When dialing out if we press the button to get a outside line then start to dial if you pause to long between button presses the call ends with a message "the number you have dialed is not in service." message. So if you glance away to double check the number your dialing or whatever you have to start over. The message happens in about 3-4 seconds from the last button press. Looking at the documentation it seems like INTER DIGIT TIME is what I need to change but the setting has no effect at all on the grace time between button presses. I changed the ISDN INTER DIGIT TIMER which does extend the time allowed between button presses but also causes a equally long delay after finishing dialing before the call is actually sent. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
Posted By: pvj Re: INTER DIGIT TIME - 03/22/18 07:45 PM
That message " the number you have dialled is not in service" is coming from your line provider.

The Inter digit time on the system would be useful if you were using LCR
Posted By: nameless Re: INTER DIGIT TIME - 03/22/18 07:58 PM
Setup lcr, then adjust the lcr inter digit time.
You set number lengths in lcr so once it hits that many digits it will dial out.

Eg

You put 911 in the table with a digit length of 3, so as soon as the last 1 is dialed the call goes through.

Though it sounds like you Jane the system setup for embloc rather than overlap dialing which is unusual. You can try dialing # at the end of you numbers to Force it to dial out target than waiting for the interdigit timer to expire
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help