atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tatenda SIP playing up on an OS7400 - 04/18/18 07:29 AM
I have connected SIP lines onto an OS7400 ver. 4.98. on outgoing calls, it starts ringing before it connects to the distant end. When the called party is engaged it displays OPP BUSY but does not play the recorded message from the distant exchange does not play, worse on an analogue extension it just gives out a tone.

When the called party is not reachable the distant exchange plays a NOT REACHABLE RECORDING but the Samsung keyset shows only an UNAVAILABLE message on the display and analogue extensions play-out a tone similar to the one for the above case.

When you put the same SIP line on a soft-phone it performs as expected, playing the relevant recorded messages from the distant exchange. I am missing where to configure so as the OS7400 to behave the same, please assist. It seems the dialed digits on samsung are sent ENBLOCK, is there somewhere I can set them to be sent sequentially?
Posted By: nameless Re: SIP playing up on an OS7400 - 04/18/18 07:39 AM
In DM menu 5.2.18 turn on Real Ringback, this will fix your first problem.

SIP trunks are ENBLOC on the Samsung systems, you can't change this.

You will have to setup LCR to insert the "end of dial digit" (#) after the required number of digits to avoid the ENBLOC timeout.
Posted By: tatenda Re: SIP playing up on an OS7400 - 04/19/18 01:02 PM
NAMELESS, thanks a million. the above solution worked just fine and you took my neck off the chopping block of some corporate biggies. Be blessed
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help