atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV OS7100 SIP carrier auto connect on reboot? - 05/10/18 03:27 PM
So I have new OS7100 ver. 4.99 install that I've noticed doesn't automatically reconnect to the ISP 1 SIP carrier after a reboot. I always have to disable/enable to reconnect. I have DNS in place in 5.2.13 SIP carrier options. Wondering if I should also have DNS in 5.6.1? Currently default at 0.0.0.0. I've searched this forum and some people mention a Multi DNS option? Can't find that option anywhere unless just adding DNS in 5.6.1 is what they are talking about.
Hello MichaelV,
Based on my experiences with 3 different carriers and several different systems, it mainly depends on the carrier and the system. I have customers on 3 different carriers. 2 of those carriers have no problem re-registering after a reboot with Samsung systems. One of the carriers we have to remote in and Disable/Enable to get it to register. The same carrier registers after a reboot on Panasonic and Vertical systems.
Phonetech your issue is likely to-do with the multi dns option in system parameters.
This setting changed in 4.8x or 4.9x.
Turn it on and you might find it works.
If you are in for 4.8x or newer software look in 2.1.5 and scroll to the bottom. You will see multi dns in there. Enable it and that should fix your issue. Make sure that you have both dns settings filled in.
The Multi DNS option is available in the 7100 and 7200s but not in the 7200 or 7400. The 7200's and 7400's we have installed are 4.98 and the Multi DNS option doesn't show in them even though when you type in Multi DNS in the search it takes you to 2.1.5
What do the logs (6. Something) show as the sip error message? It will say something like

Isp1 not ok xxx (where xxx is the reason
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help