atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Problem Dialing Out - 05/11/18 07:06 PM
Weird one. I got calls this morning from 6 different customers. Calls could come in but could not dial out (couldn't break dial tone). Did remote reboot on all of them and fixed the problem. Carriers were a mix of Verizon and Comcast. Anyone seen this?
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Problem Dialing Out - 05/23/18 06:28 PM
Dunno what the deal is with that one. Had a customer this morning with the same issue. Are the phones digital or ip?
Posted By: Temperor Re: Problem Dialing Out - 06/07/18 03:57 PM
I bet the date and time is screwed up as well. If you goto MMC505 you probably will see the year shows 2092. When you click on PC TIME, and save. It probably won't save after you refresh it.
Currently, the fix is to reboot the phone system.
Recently, I had a bunch of customers are having the same. I'm still looking for solution. Some techs think it might be hacking issue, but I don't think so.

Question for you RM SYSTEMS: Do all 6 customers have the PBX on their LAN? Do you have remote access to all of them?
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Problem Dialing Out - 06/07/18 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Temperor
I bet the date and time is screwed up as well. If you goto MMC505 you probably will see the year shows 2092. When you click on PC TIME, and save. It probably won't save after you refresh it.
Recently, I had a bunch of customers are having the same. I'm still looking for solution. Some techs think it might be hacking issue, but I don't think so.

Question for you RM SYSTEMS: Do all 6 customers have the PBX on their LAN? Do you have remote access to all of them?

Hmmm I didn't notice this with the one that I had an issue with. When I attempted to reboot it, I had to disconnect it from the network so it would fully boot and not loop. Then connected it back and everything worked. That's strange.
Posted By: Temperor Re: Problem Dialing Out - 06/07/18 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Biztel Cuban Okie Tech
Originally Posted by Temperor

Hmmm I didn't notice this with the one that I had an issue with. When I attempted to reboot it, I had to disconnect it from the network so it would fully boot and not loop. Then connected it back and everything worked. That's strange.

Check the 'year' next time when you encounter similar issue with another customer.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Problem Dialing Out - 06/09/18 01:31 AM
Update: Problem has not happened since my original post. Date and time were correct. Oh well. Thanks all.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help