atcomsystems.ca/forum
At work my boss is having a hard time getting parts ordered for SAMSUNG OfficeServ platforms. We are also having a hard time getting license keys. Has anyone out there heard if Samsung is shutting down their business telephone division?
I would think the end is near for the Officeserv product line. I mean when you ditch digital sets then you'll you start dropping station cards , etc until it will be gone.
It's a matter of when not if.
I know they had stopped production of the digital keyset. I figure they where trying to force migrantion over to using more of the VoIP sets on their equipment, but it seems as if they are shutting down everything. I hope they do not. I have worked on Samsung equipment for 20+ years and have like the way they have a simple programming that has not change must. I like that the old 24b sets would work on the new equipment, alone with the 28b sets. I also thought they may be wanting their SCM products to take the place of the OfficeServ products.
Well exactly they want to migrate to the SCM product line.
They sold off their entire camera/surveillance system division.
Yup, Officeserv will be down sometime this year. SCM will take over, but I think SCM can't compete with other VOIP brands. Will see what happen in a year or two.
Temperor - That is is what I have been hearing from my boss. I hope he will migrate over to the SCM platform. I know that he is looking into possible options of moving to a different makers platform all together. Time will tell for sure what will happen with Samsung. Thanks for the information.
Going off this topic more. Anyone have any good ideas as to where they're going next? My boss is trying to figure out what our next step is. If Samsung does let go of the Officeserv then we are having to change completely. We are looking at some other options but it doesn't look to promising. Especially with the way you can by pbx systems online.
Two years ago we started selling CQ Simple's Nimbus.
Complete VOIP, Freepbx Made in USA

Unlimited Warranty on System and phones
No Licenses
and someone answer the phone for Tech Support.

We have been extremely pleased with them.
Anything that's digital based? Or is that really just going to be dead technology and we just need to move on to VoIP all the way?
It dose look that way they have stop all direct support for the 7000 series phone systems.

they what you to use IP VOIP phones but they have been hard to come by as well.

And the fact that they are pricing them higher then other systems out there that have more features and options.

and even with the new SCM phone switch the Support web site is down more than it is up working.

I have a customer that has switch over to the SMT Voip phones and they have 50 or so used IDCS-28d phones.
most of them are in good shape.
Samsung Business Telecom are pulling out of the market completely no officeserv or scmc we have had this confirmed in the UK and believe it to be worldwide unless they do some sort of U-turn that is but it's not looking good.

If it's any help to anyone we have moved to LG - Ericsson's pbx, they still do a digital system and a Voip one and it's everything you want from a phone system, wish we moved to them ages ago.
Originally Posted by Lacota
Samsung Business Telecom are pulling out of the market completely no officeserv or scmc we have had this confirmed in the UK and believe it to be worldwide unless they do some sort of U-turn that is but it's not looking good.

If it's any help to anyone we have moved to LG - Ericsson's pbx, they still do a digital system and a Voip one and it's everything you want from a phone system, wish we moved to them ages ago.

Hi, do you a link or something? Have they made it public in the UK?

Cheers
Originally Posted by ChrisNI
Hi, do you a link or something? Have they made it public in the UK?Cheers

Probably not.

The notices that have been going out, here across the pond, clearly state that the information is Proprietary Information and is not meant for general distribution.
If you insist on Digital Take a look at NEC. The 2100 has similar features.
If going IP Grandstream has a lot of promise but, it's wide open and available to anyone.
Regarding Samsung I really hate how they have been illusive as to their direction.
Glad im retired been doing Samsung for years
I done a few NEC didt get on with them voicemail was poor unless they changed it
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help