atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonetech091985 Resetting the admin password - 01/29/19 02:54 PM
I have a 7200s with 4.95 software that suddenly has changed the admin login password. None of the default passwords will let me in. Can someone send me the instructions to reset/display the current password? One of my distributors sent me instructions for different systems but they only send temp passwords that expire in an hour. Is there a permanent password for each system or are there only temp passwords?
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Resetting the admin password - 01/29/19 06:23 PM
Password stays the same you put in no such thing as temp passwords system will time out after 60 mins and you log in with same password you last used
Posted By: phonetech091985 Re: Resetting the admin password - 01/31/19 10:58 PM
Actually there is a temp password that can be put in so that the current password is displayed. You use it when you don't know what the current password is from having taken over service on a system that someone else installed or in my case the password has changed for some odd reason. I have had to contact a distributor a couple of times and they have contacted Samsung who has issued a password that is only valid for 1 hour. You login via a specific MMC and input the temp password then scroll through the password section you want to display
Posted By: pvj Re: Resetting the admin password - 01/31/19 11:51 PM
No,
There is a temporary password (based on time/date) that let's you reset the password to default,It does not display the current password.
And per your post, a password does not " suddenly change itself". Not possible.

Your already have solved your problem with your distributor giving you a valid temporary password to solve the problem.You need to be on site to make it happen
Posted By: phonetech091985 Re: Resetting the admin password - 02/16/19 12:32 PM
When I say the passwords suddenly change by themselves, I mean they mysteriously change. As in neither I nor the IT people within the company that have access have changed the password or they at least won't admit to changing the password and changing/deleting my alternate login/password. But then again the IT guys aren't nearly s familiar with the programming aspect of the system as I am since I do this kind of thing for a living and because I enjoy it.
Posted By: pvj Re: Resetting the admin password - 02/16/19 03:14 PM
Passwords don't mysteriously change by themselves.Never seen a reported problem with that
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Resetting the admin password - 02/16/19 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by pvj
Passwords don't mysteriously change by themselves.Never seen a reported problem with that
The only time I have seen a password mysteriously change by itself was when a User with Admin privledges changed the Admin password thinking they were within their own MB. I contacted Tech Support, obtained the backdoor password and immediately changed the Admin Password back.

Of course this was a different system. But that is the only "password mysteriously change" I have ever heard of.
Posted By: vimponia Re: Resetting the admin password - 02/18/19 09:41 AM
Send me a P.m. and i wil help you
Once you do get into the system. Look at the programming logs in DM and see who may have changed the password.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help