atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Martin62 Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 04/13/19 10:39 AM
Apologies in advance I am pretty much a novice with these systems, so thanks for all help provided.

I have a customer who has an Officeserv 7030 system with 8 digital handsets, which I believe is the maximum number supported. They need to add another handset, I saw something which suggests there are 2 analogue ports on the system. Is this on all 7030 systems? If so does it need any additonal daughter cards installed to use these ports? Can any analogue phone be used or is it only specific models?

I beleive another option to increase the number of handsets would be to use IP phones. Does this require any additional software licenses or daughter boards to use IP phones?

Sorry again for the novice questions, but the little experience I have with Officeserv systems has only been with the digital DS handsets.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 04/13/19 02:37 PM
The two analog ports are built in to the system, so no other cards are needed. The two ports are beneath the digital ports on the switch. Most any analog phone will work.

You will need to license MGI channels to allow the IP phones to talk to the legacy phones. Since Samsung is getting out of the phone system business very soon, you may want to get your licensing done quickly, or consider replacement of the entire system with something that will be supported for more than just one more year.
Posted By: Martin62 Re: Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 04/13/19 06:02 PM
Thanks for confirming about the analogue phones JBean3329. I have said to the customer a few times about changing the phone system and that ISDN is planned to be turned off in the UK by 2025, but they are a bit set in their ways and won't look at other alternatives.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 04/13/19 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Martin62
ISDN is planned to be turned off in the UK by 2025, but they are a bit set in their ways and won't look at other alternatives.

My Future Tech self predicts when 2025 rolls around call

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gerrya Re: Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 04/15/19 08:22 PM
You could get a second unit on the 7030
Posted By: Martin62 Re: Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 05/19/19 03:48 PM
Haven't done much on the Samsung systems, I found this link - http://www.rocom-nimanssupport.co.u...install_an_OS7030_with_Slave_cabinet.pdf is that pretty much what is required to connect a 2nd box.

I tried an analogue phone and could make a call, but the extension didnt ring when the main number was called and I could't see a way to assign an extension number to the analogue phone. What have I missed.
Posted By: pvj Re: Officeserv 7030 Phone Upgrade - 05/20/19 03:46 AM
To ring , if it goes to a ring group then the extension needs to be added to the group in order to ring.
Extension numbers can be assigned in mmc724 . It should have had an extension assigned when the system was first installed.You can see the extension number of the analog port by calling a display set .
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help