atcomsystems.ca/forum
7200 and 7100 networked, one is 2XXX, other is 3XXX. Is it possible to move extensions from one side of the 2 networked systems, to the other and keep the same extension number and DID (pretty sure they will need a new extension in the same range as the second system, and I will just point the DID to the new extension).

They are pretty hell bent on keeping the extension numbers, but I don't think it is possible.
Thoughts?
It is not impossible to do. It just is a pain and time consuming but can be done. If you're trying to keep things nice and clean, I would say tell them no, the extension can't be moved to new system and just give them the same extension number but with a 3 in front instead of a 2. We have this same situation at the city hall and pd here. They split and we have a 7400 and 7200s tied together and just told people it wasn't possible and they were getting a new extension. Mainly cause the 7400 has extension numbers all over the place from a old nortel system they had in place years ago to match their old plexar station numbers.

If they still insist on making this happen and making things a mess then you have to do some reprogramming on both sides to match the extension changes. This could create a mess and make things more complicated. Depending on how many extensions you have currently.
So no it is. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help