atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Abandoned? - 06/10/19 07:32 PM
I was just told by a friend in the business, who has always been a Samsung dealer/installer, that Samsung has stopped selling telephony products in the US and no longer supports any of their systems. Can this be true? I have a handful of Samsung systems still cranking away out there, (provided by the friend) and just had a KSU in a small hotel bite the dust. He can't help me get the customer back up and running, due to no availability of product. Any advice?
Posted By: pvj Re: Abandoned? - 06/10/19 10:54 PM
Your answers are here

https://sundance-communications.com...amsung-finally-calls-it-quits#Post628641
Posted By: Foggy Re: Abandoned? - 06/11/19 08:49 PM
Hi Arthur, what make/model samsung is it? The small older OS100 systems were notorious for the power supply cap's to fail.. easy to replace... when it happens all phones just display Ver.XXX.. since they will have no data. Also, super cap's on the memory card (acts as a CMOS battery) will eventually fail.. causing the system to default on a power outage... again easy fix. Both failures will require reprogramming customer config, as the older systems just operated in ram.. no onboard hard memory.

If it is newer 7xxx series... I believe that KSU's/cards are still available until October... although I haven't attempted to purchase any in months.

Robert
---
Posted By: nameless Re: Abandoned? - 06/11/19 09:35 PM
The idcs100 (mem4) and idcs100 r2 (os100) have flash memory like the os7030 which allows a database backup via mmc815.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help