atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: barnito Samsung SVMi 20i, OS 7400 VM answering issue - 08/14/19 06:22 PM
I have a mailbox that was working fine, but now when you call it you get "This extension did not answer, to select another extension dial it now, or press 1 to leave a message", pressing 1 gets me to the voicemail greeting the user recorded. It used to go right to his VM greeting, but just stopped working all of a sudden.

Is there a code they can dial to disable that that prompt they get before their VM greeting plays??
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung SVMi 20i, OS 7400 VM answering issue - 08/14/19 06:25 PM
There are 2 greetings to a mailbox, 1 of them is not recorded and what you are hearing is the system default
I recorded the greeting and the name to make sure. It's really weird as it has been working all along
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung SVMi 20i, OS 7400 VM answering issue - 08/14/19 07:24 PM
The greeting or both greetings?Remember there is a mailbox greeting and a no answer greeting 5 1 and 5 7 from the mailbox menu
Almost positive I did both, because that usually fixes it.
Try cleaning all of those annoying prompts out of EClass, or check the Eclass settings for that extension/mailbox combo.
I believe that you just want the "Personal Greeting"... which you record by dialing 5 then 1. Delete the others, or delete the mailbox, and re-enter... then only record the Personal Greeting. Different Greetings change the prompts that a caller will hear.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help