atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nlodoen OS 7200 SIP Trunk Outbound Caller ID Name - 10/02/19 06:47 PM
We are in the process of migrating from PRI trunks to SIP trunks and haven't been able to get the outbound Caller ID name to display on the recipient's end of things. The Caller ID number is working fine but I can't seem to get the name to display. With the PRI I believe the carrier is responsible for setting the name that is shown to call recipients but I assume with SIP trunks it's set on our OS 7200. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Any suggestions anyone? I'm really stumped as to how to get the outbound caller name to work. Thanks.
It is carrier dependant. Usually(st least here) it's set by the carrier.
You can try sip alias in dm 2.4.3
Might have to muck around with p-asserted id also (in the sip carrier options)
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I figured it was set by the carrier so I will ask them why they expect it to be set at my end of things (was part of their UAT process for the SIP trunk setup. Is it maybe so that we can display individual's names instead of just our company name as our PRI does? I had already tried the "Send SIP Alias" in 2.4.3 without any luck. "P Asserted ID Use" is set to None so I'll also try setting it to Primary and Alternative and see if that makes any difference. Thanks again.
They will expect you to send cli number, I've not heard of requiring a name.
OK, that makes more sense. Will ask them what exactly they are looking for. Take care.
For us normally all we can control is the outbound number here in the US. The carrier is the one that does the name association.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help