atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Svmi 20i Can't connect with DM - 01/23/20 06:34 PM
Have a 7400 4.98 with Svmi 20i card. When I tried to connect to the system with DM I got "using installation tool" message so rebooted the system and connected but when I try to access vm I get the "check link between DM and system message". LAN light on the SVMi card is orange not green.
I can ping the IP of the SVMi card. Thanks.

Posted By: chuck@cpe Re: Svmi 20i Can't connect with DM - 07/17/20 01:42 PM
We have a 7400 4.99 with the same issue to the SVMi card. Have you found a solution yet? So far a reboot is the only thing we have done, but it only lasts about a month. The customer is using email gateway, and we know it's time to reboot when they stop getting the emails.
Originally Posted by chuck@cpe
We have a 7400 4.99 with the same issue to the SVMi card. Have you found a solution yet? So far a reboot is the only thing we have done, but it only lasts about a month. The customer is using email gateway, and we know it's time to reboot when they stop getting the emails.

Do you have FTP port forwarded to the VM system? It sounds like it's causing a flood in the system. That will cause the network port to shutdown and have to reboot the SVMi card.
Posted By: nameless Re: Svmi 20i Can't connect with DM - 07/21/20 08:45 AM
I expect if the cat5 cable is dodgy or not seated correctly this could cause this. I've had oas cards behave similarly when connected to a 10Mb switch port.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help