atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills Transcibe voicemails - 03/03/20 05:30 PM
Has anyone ever found a method or software for converting voicemails to text? I was thinking it might be possible to have a wav delivered by email that was automatically processed by a piece of software but haven't seen anything that might be able to do that first part.

Ideas?

-B
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Transcibe voicemails - 03/04/20 08:38 PM
I don't believe there is a way of doing this on the fly. You can do it manually. Just not automatically after the VM produces the wav file.
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: Transcibe voicemails - 03/05/20 04:21 PM
This would be a really good selling point for NEC to come up with. Case in point would be an attorney's or medical office. You can do the UM feature and then send it off to a company that processes it. That really doesn't provide what they need. To be 100% correct, you need a dictation person available during the conversation.. Here's the issues as I see them. Problems are multiple languages, different voice sounds, word pronunciations and when you have multiple people in the conversation, how do you designate who is speaking. If they could get this figured out...sweet spot for the market
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Transcibe voicemails - 03/08/20 09:56 PM
A couple of ways you can do it, assuming you already have voicemail to email available.

Mutare has a service we use with Avaya IP Office. If your mailbox would normally email [email protected], you register and account with Mutare and send it to an address at mutare.com instead. They receive the email with the wav file attachment, transcribe it, and forward both the original message with the wav file and the transcription on to [email protected]

We also use a SIP trunk provider, Skyetel, and one of the services they offer is voicemail transcription. Simply use their SMTP server to relay the email to [email protected] and it will also be transcribed and emailed to the same address.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help