atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills Limiting trunk access - 06/01/20 06:10 PM
HI All,

I have a 7200s with 8 8 analogue trunks. I am trying to get it so that a small group of stations only uses trunks 5&6 for outgoing calls.
I thought that I could do it with lcr, having the stations assigned a different lcr class in port common data and then in the routing table set the trunk group for class two to point at a trunk group with just lines 5 and 6 in it. But, those stations still grab the main trunk group lines rather than the one with lines 5 and 6.

What am I missing???

TIA

B
Posted By: nameless Re: Limiting trunk access - 06/01/20 08:05 PM
Extension trunk use is what you're looking for.

You create extension use groups, and trunk use groups and then define which grips can dial and/or answer
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Limiting trunk access - 06/01/20 08:40 PM
Neat! I've never even looked at those before.

So, what it the purpose of LCR class then?

-W
Posted By: nameless Re: Limiting trunk access - 06/02/20 11:17 AM
Lcr cos is used to determine how many of the additional routes will be tried when the first route doesn't work.

Not as common now with cheap sip calls, was used when gsm diallers were popular for mobile calls.
Route 2 was gsm dialler
Route 1 was customers normal lines (pots or isdn)
A station with lcr cos 1 would only use the the normal lines only in this case.
A station with lcr cos 2 would first try to use the gsm dialler first then route advance to the normal lines.
If you had 3rd route then only lcr cos 3 would try all of them.

There is more you can do once you get above 3 routes todo with pseudo tennanting the system (eg 2 businesses with 2 sets of lines and different lcr over ride codes), but that's uncommon.
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Limiting trunk access - 06/03/20 03:58 PM
ahh, ok,

Cheers!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help