atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonetech091985 Samsung WE VoIP - 12/09/20 03:40 PM
Who has successfully gotten the WE VoIP app to work offsite? I have just updated a 7100 to 5.03 software. If you don't know it opens all the licenses for 65520 hours (Tutorial License). They want to use the app for some of their remote workers that don't have an actual deskphone. I managed to get it working while on the customer WiFi but can't figure what setting(s) i have wrong to make it work off of the cell network or a home network. there will be a mix of Android and IOS phones involved once i get it to actually work. The phone i am using is my work phone Samsung Galaxy s10e.. Since it works on their WiFi, i figure there must be a setting in the app itself that is wrong to keep it from getting a connection back to the system. i get the No response from Server message.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: nameless Re: Samsung WE VoIP - 12/09/20 07:54 PM
From memory it downloads the config of the mp via http, so you'll need to enable this in the system (later versions disable by default for security reasons) .
Also need to port forward that port along with the usual mgi/mps/rtg and sip ports. Turn on private with public, etc
Posted By: nameless Re: Samsung WE VoIP - 12/09/20 07:56 PM
Also it doesn't work for incoming calls on iOS. Due to the os7000 not supporting the apple push service.
Better off using a sip client on ios
Posted By: Hofman telekom Re: Samsung WE VoIP - 12/10/20 07:38 AM
Inside the app you have to set Public wifi settings to Outgoing/incoming call use and mVoip setting to Outgoing/incoming call use. This way if you're using mobile data or private WiFi it will automatically retrieve the profile info., and it will also automatically switch to between LTE & WiFi if you get a connection. You can see the phone icon in the notification tab change from "LTE" while on mobile data, to "IP" when using WiFi.
If you have your OS7100 correctly setup with public IP, correct ports open on the router, correct firewall rules and incoming data forwarded to the PBX IP, WeVoip should work on private WiFi networks and through mobile data.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help