atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dave_R Locked out of DM access - 12/11/20 06:27 PM
i get a statement "Current PC is not allowed access to system db" I have access to a cisco type serial cable and com port, but do not know how to get access via DM using "modem" method, or if that is possible. Also i can use putty and get a prompt that is asking for user name and password when connecting via the SIO port on serial access. I have never been into the Officeserv system that way.

By the way.

Officeserv 7400
DM 4.81

Any assistance is appreciated
Posted By: pvj Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/11/20 08:24 PM
That sounds like the pc is not in the allowed ip whitelist
Posted By: Dave_R Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/11/20 08:31 PM
I think you are right, but I had the entire LAN subnet authorized I thought. I have verified that the IP address of the system is the same. (via MMC 830) so I do not know what has changed. i was in the system a couple of weeks ago, and all was well, but now I cannot login. I even restarted the system yesterday, to see if that would resolve the issue, but it did not

Can anyone advise how to connect with the DM using a serial cable or via command line via the SIO port.

Thanks
Posted By: nameless Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/11/20 09:00 PM
To authorise the whole subnet you enter x.x.x.255 into the whitelist.

The sio Port is used for diagnostics not dm.

I can't remember if you can change the dm ip whitelist via mmc or not. Or if you'll have to reset it

I always left it alone as it caused to many issues like this.
Posted By: Dave_R Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/14/20 07:50 PM
Thanks for the info. Can someone walk me thru the modem access then? Also if anyone knows if there is a way to modify the whitelist via mmc? The thing is, I did not change the white list. I have added networks to it over the years for remote phones, but to the best of my knowledge I have never removed an entry, just added one from time to time. I was a ware of the .255 to add the entire subnet.

Thanks again for the reply. Looking for some other way to correct the issue of not being able to get logged into the system via DM.
Posted By: pvj Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/15/20 03:27 PM
I don't believe you can edit the pc whitelist from kmmc. Don't you have a backup you could check to see what's in it? It doesn't change by itself.

Didn't you go through this 4 months ago?

https://sundance-communications.com...o-be-locked-out-via-dm-access#Post637865
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/16/20 08:11 PM
If you want to go through the modem it's not that difficult. Just have to make sure there is a modem board, then you have to either have a line pointed straight to 3999 which is modem port or have the AA answer and then dial 3999. I think using modem connection in DM might do that automatically. Haven't tried it with DM. I've done it with the old IT tool before switching over.
Posted By: Dave_R Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/23/20 06:20 PM
I did have the issue a while back but I was able to resolve it by going to a different PC that had DM and was able to get in from there. This time I am unable to get in from either PC that I was able to get in from. Same results and no network changes on the PBX or the local network
Posted By: Dave_R Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/23/20 06:49 PM
I am looking for support to assist with this problem. Please PM me with your contact info and I will get in touch. Happy to pay for the assistance.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Posted By: Dave_R Re: Locked out of DM access - 12/28/20 10:13 PM
I got the instructions for resetting the DM whitelist It worked great. Thanks everyone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help