atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Telesystems Samsung DCS power failure - 03/06/21 09:55 PM
DCS lost programming. Customer now says when they put calls on hold, the calls get dropped?

Anyone familiar with this?

Sounds like maybe a programmed soft key for hold? Key Not showing up anymore?

I have not been out there yet.

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/07/21 03:58 AM
I am guessing the calls are not getting dropped but in default they are using CALL keys and not DT keys. So you put a call on Hold at one phone , you can't "see it" on a different phone.

All digital sets have dedicated Hold keys. If I am right, then if you put a call on hold at one phone, you can retrieve it at a different phone by dialling 12 plus the trunk number. Ie for line 1 to pick it up off Hold at a different set dial 12701
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/07/21 07:24 PM
So if I go there and re-program it, is there something specific I need to program so the customer will not have to dial 12701?
Thank you
Posted By: nameless Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/07/21 07:28 PM
Dt7xx keys (aka like keys)
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 09:55 PM
I am here now programming.PROSTAR DCS Compact

I set the keys for Call 1, Call 2 Call 3 but they do not act as CO Keys, unless customer dials 9?

I also am having problems with getting sets 201, 202, and 205 to ring all calls

The group is set as VM/AA?

Any help would be great.
Thank you
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 10:50 PM
You need Dt keys not call keys ie DT701 is a line 1 key

what group the lines ring say 501 , then group 501 should be set to a normal group with unconditional ringing and all the phones you want to ring as members
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:13 PM
I changed the DT keys so now I am trying to check members in my ring group 501
But manual says VM/AA group can not bet set for unconditional?

When I get too members and try and add 202 and 205 it will not let me says invalid data??

I changed number of members from 01 to 03 and put in 201 202 205, my only three extensions.

Seems still not activating ringer though??
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:20 PM
Set the group type to normal as I said above
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:25 PM
I did set group type to normal. Still not getting the ringers to work??
Thank you
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:29 PM
Where do I make sure it is ringing to group 501?
I remember seeing D: 500 and N: 500

Is that in MMC 406?

OK changed in 406 to group 501.
But will that affect my Auto Attendant?
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:46 PM
Yes it will you never mentioned anything about this
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:49 PM
OK so now when i dial customer access code to offsite voice mail it does not seem to work??
I thought they had AA with VM but now I get stutter dial tone??
Posted By: Telesystems Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/10/21 11:51 PM
now when i touch the DSS keys for 201, 202, 205 it says unavail.cbt ??

I did stupidly change keys from restore to save in section 721

OK I did go back in and add 2 call keys

But is it stupid to go into MMC 721 and change keys from RESTORE to ??
Thank you
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/11/21 12:49 AM
First thing, more information is better than less. We can't tell how you want it to work or whether you use auto attendant or live answer or..... you get the idea.

You have to have at least 1 Call key to intercom or use trunks that you don't have a dedicated DT key for.

So how do you actually want it to work?I can't tell you how it used to and I also can't tell what the voicemail auto attendant is going to do or what's in it.

Basically this is how I usually set this up.

Let's assume you want the phones to ring on an incoming call and if not answered in 15 seconds that the callers go to an auto attendant.
Let's say you want ext 201 and 205 to ring on an new incoming call.

So in mmc 406 you set the day ring to 501
In mmc 601 you setup group 501 as type Normal set the members to 201 and 205 set the ring type to unconditional and set the next to 529(that is usually the voicemail group) and set Overflow to 015
Next you need to make sure in the voicemail does NOT have an extension or mailbox for 501 delete it if you have to.

If you do all that then you can test it out even internally by dialling 501 from any internal phone. Ext 201 and 205 will ring for 15 seconds then the auto attendant greeting will play.
Of course like I said I can't tell you what groups were being used before or not but that will probably do what you want.
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 03/12/21 05:58 PM
Is the AA supposed to answer immediately or after a few rings? If immediate, then 406 should be set to 509... If after a few rings then you need to setup the overflow for 501 to 509 after so many seconds of ringing. Make sure all your extensions still have at least 1 call button. Otherwise they will not be able to intercom each other.
Posted By: bditech Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 04/19/21 03:17 PM
What would cause a phone to keep dying? On the samsung Office server 100 Changed cable wire it worked fine for a day then quit change ports worked ok but was ext 207 they wanted it to be 202 so went back out and renumbered 207 to 202 after a few days it went out dont think its the cable they have a fax working off of the same cable and worked for a day there too Changed jack and cable pair. Never had this happen before. The auto attendant after 7 rings and the phone 202 is the one that I'm having the problem with is the general mailbox. but they would like to have would like 201 to be the general mailbox
Posted By: pvj Re: Samsung DCS power failure - 04/19/21 03:53 PM
Have you tried swapping 2 phones to see if the problem is a phone? To try that, swap 2 phones of the same phone type otherwise you will default the key programmimg.

To change the general mailbox phone will like I mentioned require you to connect a pc to the SVMi card serial port and program it.It's hard to say how they are getting the messages to the general mailbox without seeing the routing screen.How do callers get to the general mailbox?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help