atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 05/12/21 11:55 AM
Starting a new thread on an old issue. I've got plenty of Officeserv 7100, 7200S systems can't break dial tone and date/time locks up. System needs a reboot. Happening on a few versions including 5.03

Anyone been able to resolve this issue? Thanks.
What does the logs show when this is happening? Anything in Alarm history that stands out?
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 05/13/21 11:34 AM
Nothing in the alarm history. Nothing unusual in the activity and error logs. Also when the date and time locks up it shows 2092. can't change date without a reboot.
Is the system connected to the network? Does it have to be on the network?
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 05/15/21 11:36 AM
All the systems having this issue are connected to the network for remote programming or IP Phones.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 05/15/21 02:20 PM
If you press a button on a keyset, do you hear DTMF tones?
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 05/16/21 10:33 AM
Good question. Customer can't break dial tone but didn't think to ask if they hear DTMF tones.
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 05/18/21 02:38 PM
JBean, just happened to another customer. She rebooted the system herself before calling but she did say cannot hear DTMF tones.

Also, the reboot returns changes the year back to 2021 from 2092.

I dug into my notes and found a recommendation that ports 161, 162 TCP should be blocked
to the IP of the phone system. Going to give that a try.
Posted By: CyberLaw Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 02/17/22 06:05 PM
What is the final outcome of this issue? I've replaced many pieces on a 7100 that does this and nothing fixes it. (MP10 4.46) I've even put a router/firewall between it and the network... it still does it.
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 03/03/22 02:07 PM
I have seen this more on 7100 than on 7200, 7400. I had a client that had a 7100 where this issue would seem to happen once every two months or so. I ended up replacing the battery on the mp10a and have not had the issue since. Not saying that is the complete fix, but it seems to have helped in my case. Haven't had this issue resurface with the client since the battery was changed, about 6 months ago. The hardest part is soldering the tiny, tiny, battery on the mp10a. The only place I could find the batteries was aliexpress. Below is the link - good luck.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32956026111.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef18025toPoF
Posted By: pvj Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 03/03/22 07:58 PM
You would think that if the backup battery was dead, the system date would default and not cause a problem.If I recall the older SVMi-4 or 4E had a similiar problem where the date would flip to also maybe 2092?

Thanks for posting the battery link, could be very helpful to others !
Posted By: Ironhedz Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 03/09/22 10:37 PM
the batteries have little tabs on them that solder onto the top of the processor. So those batteries were hard to find. they are not the typical batteries that just go through the processor and you solder on the back side.
Posted By: CyberLaw Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 02/08/23 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ironhedz
I have seen this more on 7100 than on 7200, 7400. I had a client that had a 7100 where this issue would seem to happen once every two months or so. I ended up replacing the battery on the mp10a and have not had the issue since. Not saying that is the complete fix, but it seems to have helped in my case. Haven't had this issue resurface with the client since the battery was changed, about 6 months ago. The hardest part is soldering the tiny, tiny, battery on the mp10a. The only place I could find the batteries was aliexpress. Below is the link - good luck.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32956026111.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef18025toPoF

Did this issue come back for you since replacing the tiny battery? One of the systems I had would go along time before the issue came back, sometimes a year or just under a year. Don't have that issue anymore... replaced it with Cloud PBX!
Posted By: Bushmills Re: Officeserv systems can't dial out. - 02/14/23 04:50 PM
The only reliable way I've been able to keep this from happening is to get away from port forwarding and connect to the affected systems with a VPN.On each site where we've done that, this issue goes away.

-B
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help