atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 08/24/21 10:54 AM
I have a few customers when caller hits auto attendant system won't recognize tone. this is intermittent and seems to be from wireless AT&T and Consumer Wireless accounts. Are there settings on the system that can be tweaked for this? Thanks.
Posted By: nameless Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 08/24/21 11:04 AM
This on outbound or inbound calls?
Sip, pots or isdn trunks?
Ip, sli or dgp phones?
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 08/24/21 12:53 PM
Only inbound when calls get answered by auto attendant. Analog pots trunks
Posted By: nameless Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 08/25/21 11:37 AM
Many years ago I remember something similar. That's when we started getting the tone_db.inf file with the new software.
Double check you have this file
Posted By: RM SYSTEMS Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 08/30/21 05:01 PM
Thanks Nameless. I'll check
Posted By: Luv2uallday Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 01/22/22 03:00 AM
i'm now having the same exact problem os7100 v4.95 just started happening recently out of no where

Sip trunk lines. called spectrum and this is what they returned on their side

Dear Valued Spectrum Enterprise Customer,

The voice engineer assigned to your ticket saw a small amount of packet loss from "the called party to the caller", but otherwise found no problems and could not replicate the issue. Please contact us at 888 812 2591 opt 1 with further call examples if they occur over the next week - be advised, will we set this ticket to resolved if there's no communication by EoD 1/28.

If you have questions or concerns regarding this service alert, please contact us and reference ticket number ECT-81029238.

Phone: 888-812-2591
Email: [email protected]

Thank you for choosing Spectrum Enterprise.

i did get my hands on software verion 5.03 would that resolve it?
Posted By: nameless Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 01/22/22 03:11 AM
Unlikely, but with a shot for the free licenses alone.

What's your dtmf type set to?
Posted By: Luv2uallday Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 01/23/22 08:05 AM
Inband rfc2833
Posted By: Toner Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 01/24/22 03:39 PM
Usually it's one or the other - Inband or RFC2833. If possible, try turning Inband off while leaving RFC2833 on. We've seen a number of Cisco PBX's around here that don't interpret Inband DTMF when connected to a certain local SIP trunk provider.
Posted By: nameless Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 01/24/22 08:32 PM
Samsung's have 3 options. Inband, inband rfc2833 and outband from memory.

You may need to setup a wireshark trace and see if you're receiving the dtmf or not.
Posted By: Luv2uallday Re: OS7100 Not recognizing DTMF - 01/26/22 03:06 PM
you nailed it on the head. it works on g.711 codec at least that's what i read about rfc2833. here is some screenshots
i made them as attached files.

we have 4 ports for sip and each one is set to different codec could that be the issue? should i set them all to g.711? or is it have to be that way to make it connect to sip?

this is my first crack at working on a pbx. I'm so proud of myself. barely know what i'm doing and already fixed stuff.

I fixed Voicemail. our voice mail didn't work it was dead. I shut down the system pulled the sd card out moved the write protect tab to lock then back to unlock put back in. VM still didn't work shut it down again pulled out sd card again ensure write protect was on unlock. blew some air in the sd card slot put card back in booted system VM worked and all read only file errors and can't write block.old and other file errors in the error logs disappeared completely.

I just fixed day/night mode after some techs came to work on system they would break it more and more. found out in override section all 4 ports were set to day. i changed them to scheduled and changed the times. it's going to day night and lunch modes like it's supposed to.

daylight savings mode stopped working found section governing it and timetables were expired only went up to 2020 i updated tables with new years and dates etc.

what nuts i have yet to crack is....

only thing i need to figure out now is during daymode and only through auto attendant if someone dials 0 for the operator there is no option to leave a message in the general mailbox if no one picks up the phone it only gives an option to dial another extension or press 0 again for aa gain. If i dial the extension for the operator 201 through AA i will get an option to leave a message in the 201 mailbox which is the receptionist who is taking calls for the option 0 in AA or if i dial 201 extension from inside the office will get the option. But if dial 0 through AA no option. would like a way during day mode if phone rings and no one picks up callers can leave message in general mailbox.

extension 207 is set to dial to an external number and it does that. But if i dial the on call nurse which is an external number the PBX will just auto disconnect. will not even try to dial out .

PBX's are super hard. thanks for all your help. the last tech was a bomb they said they work on Samsung. En route tech said there are no techs here who work on Samsung but i will try came out didn't know how to connect to system and functions that worked before stopped After 6 hours going nowhere he tried to sell us a new system as a solution to fixing issues lol. we found another one and he decided to abandon us we were sad cuz he had alot of experience with Samsung and was helping us then decided to not return our calls or willing to make a trip we don't know why. we are out in the cold lol so working on it myself till can get lucky to get someone out here. good people are hard to find

The first tech said we had a bad MP10a card so we spend $400 on a replacement. But i was able to connect and access card. me thinks he didn't know what he was dong but that's me.

Attached picture dm dtmf ex 1.png
Attached picture dm dtmf ex 2.png
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help