atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JGN SMT-W5120 Licence keys - 10/24/21 05:33 PM
Hi there,

I stumbled across your forum whilst figuring out how to get a pair of SMT-W5120 working with a 7100 system. I already have a handful of smt-i5220 and roughly 20 smt-i5210.

The comments over on this thread have been super helpful; credit to the members there.

Having tweaked a few settings from that thread, the handsets are now failing with the error 'No Licence', which having checked on the 7100, indeed I have 0 permitted / 0 connected Wifi Phones in the licence screen.

A bit of searching later I've found this site which seems to sell the appropriate keys. I also found this site which claims to unlock all access for $250. I wondered if anyone else knew this to be legit?

I'm happy to take the punt on £40.00 but I am reluctant to just punch in the keys without any guidance. (Phone support subcontractor no longer in existence). I readily take backups etc when making config changes, but the risk of blindly adding/changing licence keys and bricking the system is a step too far.

I also do not have notes of the current keys we're running on, if I were to need to re-enter etc. Perhaps I can extract these somewhere?

Of course please do point me towards any existing threads on the topic, but a search for SMT-W5120 didn't provide any direct results.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

All the best
JGN
Posted By: nameless Re: SMT-W5120 Licence keys - 10/24/21 07:40 PM
The existing licence keys will be in the backups of the system you have taken.
You can't Brick the system buy changing license keys.

What you want to-do it get a copy of 5.03 (assuming your system has a mp10a card)
This version unlocks all licenses.

Depending on your current version you may have to tweak some sip trunk settings if you're using any.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help