atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a problem I need help with. I just moved a doctor’s office, who has had a Office Serv OS 7100 with V4.95 software, with 10 VoIP sets SMT-i6021 (SPP-V01.40 / Build 2016.09.30 10:00). The doctor’s office moved on 02/18/2022, and needed additional VoIP sets installed at the new location. My company ordered 5 - SMT-i6021 (SCME-T01.70 / 2018.04.30 09:00)
I didn’t realize until Saturday, that the “new” sets would not register with the OS7100. I tried for several hours, with no success. I read something that said it should work with software V4.99 or higher. So I tried updating the software to V5.01. Went back thru the setup process on the VoIP sets, but still the sets wouldn’t register.
Does anyone have any knowledge that could help me with this? It could be that the SCME software will not register with a OFFICE SERV OS7100.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scme firmware won't register as an ip phonr to os7100. You could try them as sip extensions.
There is aprocess to load os7000 firmware onto the phones but I doubt know what it is.
It there a way to change the software on the VoIP sets? In the user guide it mentions about using the USB port to install software, but I do not have any step by step instructions on how to do so. I downloaded every software file I was able to off of SAMSUNG GSBN,, before I lost access to it a couple of years ago.
I was think about trying to change the software on the VoIP sets to make them work, but not sure if it would work or “make a very expensive paper weight”.
Do you have any tech bulletins or instructions you might could PM to me that might help?
Nothing specific as i never did it from scme to OS7000.
Just factory default the phone, put the OS7000 software on a USB and do the firmware upgrade via the USB.
Or setup a TFTP server and do it that way.
nameless,

Do you know how, or have instructions, to default the SMT-i6021 software. I am looking on-line now trying to find the instruction either, in the user guide for the SMT-i6021 or somewhere else. If you do have the information or know where I can look for it, can you PM me, Thank You, Nate
From the phone setup menu it's an option to factory default
Ok, I look and see if i can find it. thanks.
I found the Factory Reset option in the SMT-i6021 menu. I reset the one of the SMT-i6021 with (Version Information: SCME-T01.70 / Build Date: 2018.04.30 09:00). After restart, set still would not register with OS 7100 w/ V5.01 software. I look at the software version of the set and it still showed the above information. I found the software, I had download, off of Samsung website for the 6000 series VoIP sets. I unzipped the file on my laptop and copy the file to a USB drive. I unplugged the set, plugged the USB drive in port on back of set, and restarted the VoIP set. I reenter the engineering mode, went to the "S/W Upgrade", selected Upgrade Type: USB, pressed Save, Pressed Upgrade. After a few seconds screen shows the following msg: "Upgrade Failed! XML not found" and "Upgrade Failed! Unknow Error".
For got to mention on the display, the msg of "Provisioning Fail Check Server" is showing.
The upgrade process described should work.

I think the issue is to do with the file structure of the new SW on USB Drive.

You have to store the files on the key in the same format that would be used for a tftp upgrade.
Extract the zip file to the root of the USB. It can't be in a sub directory.
The xml file especially needs to be there.
I Unzipped the file from Samsung. It showed the folder unzipped label "6000". Do I need to unzip the file again, in the "Current Version" folder?
Cut and paste the files from the 6000 folder to the root of the usb drive. You should end up with a xml file in the root directory of the usb
I copied the file, and paste it on to a empty usb drive. I did not place file in to any sub folders. When I plugged the usb drive in to my laptop, the first sceen that windows open up for the usb drive, is the page I place file on. I just did a search for "Root Directory on USB", and that seems to be where I place the file.
Do I need top copy file, and edit the copies file name to have the "xml" added to the end of the file name?
I have 2 files rfu_smti6021.xml and sec_boot.tpl in my root folder.
Then there is a folder called itp-series, in this folder is another folder called sec_smt-i6021. In this folder are 2 bin files and another xml file.

Make yours the same and it should work.
I will look when I get back to the house from my Church Wednesday Night - Clerk paperwork and Youth Activities. I do not remember seeing the files ending with ( .xml ) or ( .tpl ) .
this is how the file name looks like: File from Samsung (Zip file - 6000, unzipped 6000, 6000, OfficeServ, 6021, Current, i6021_SPP_V01.40_20160930.tar)
You'll need to extract the tar file. Use something like 7zip.
Within the tar files are likely the files I'm taking about
I downloaded 7zip. After running 7zip on the .tar file, these file were on screen: ( rfu_smti6021 XML Document ) - ( sec_boot.tpl TPL File )
Those are correct.

You should also have a folder called ITP-Series, that contains more files.

This folder and the two XML files should all be in the root of the USB.

Also note that the 1.40 version of the SMT-6021 SW is very old.

Samsung have released numerous "test" versions of this software to fix EHS and other issues.
I don't know if these "test" versions were issued in the US, but they were available in other territories.
Yesterday (02/28/2022), after placing the XML files mentioned, on to a empty USB drive root directory. Plugged the usb drive into the USB Port on back of SMT-i6021 set. Enter Engineering Mode, Enter Administrator level, Go to “S/W Upgrade”, Change to USB, Start “Upgrade”. When upgrade is finished, set will restart. The software shows the “SPP-V01.40”. Now the SMT-i6021 will talk with the OfficeServ software. Thank all of you for your help with this issue.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help