atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Andyreed Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/03/22 03:44 PM
I'm about to re-purpose a system with an SVMi-4e card that I can only assume the passwords have been lost for. It's been about 15 years since I've worked on a Samsung system (and even then we used 3rd party voicemail). Would someone be willing to PM be instructions to reset the card back to defaults?
Posted By: pvj Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/03/22 08:19 PM
If I remember correctly you will have to connect with a pc to the serial port.Since you don't have the password then you will need to reset it and choose the dos prompt at startup and not boot into the svmi program.I know there is a default that you can run, it's in a folder may be the svmi folder not 100% sure .Type default and it will run the default process.Need more help let me know and I'll connect up to mine here.
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/03/22 11:46 PM
That should definitely get me going. I've got the instructions for defaulting from command prompt, didn't realize there was going to be an opportunity to not boot in to the svmi software. I'll let you know if I run in to trouble.
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/04/22 01:31 AM
....well, small hiccup. Anyone got a spare power supply? Mine's a bit toasty and leaky
Posted By: pvj Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/04/22 02:29 AM
You would need to tell us what system you have
Posted By: nameless Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/04/22 02:58 AM
Based on the photo, it's an idcs100 power supply he needs.
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/04/22 03:55 AM
Sorry! Yes indeed it is an iDCS / Officeserv 100
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/14/22 11:12 PM
PJV got it reset. Could not have been easier.
Posted By: pvj Re: Reset SVMI-4e to defaults - 06/15/22 12:00 AM
Good to hear.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help