sundance-communications.com
Hello, we switched from SIP to POTs over Coax now callers seem far away (low volume) or static on the line. Also randomly one sided audio one side can here the other can't. This never happened when we were on SIP we been on COAX for a week now this is happening

Thanx for any help.

have a officeserv 7100
Are the phones digital or IP? Sometimes IP phones don't play nicely with analog lines and there's not a ton you can do about it. Systems like the Nortel BCM and Avaya IP Office "re-tune" the POTS lines on a reboot so that might help in this case...
There is an issue with ip phones and pots lines on the os7100.
In the mgi options change the dual ec filter setting from 8trk2 to 8trk.
They are digital phones not ip phones. Sorry forgot to mention that
Check the trunk to dgp gain. Can't remember where that setting is off the top of my head though
mmc426
Have you tested it with a butt set at the cable modem?
Originally Posted by Best Comm
Have you tested it with a butt set at the cable modem?
i'm not a phone guy so didn't think of that. but nameless solution fixed it. i upped the gain from 0 to +1.9 and the problem went away.
Originally Posted by nameless
Check the trunk to dgp gain. Can't remember where that setting is off the top of my head though
Thank you. that fixed the problem. haven't had any complaints since made the change. i changed the gain from 0 to +1.9 for send and recieve on all trunks. Seems to have done the trick
© Business Phone System Forums