atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jaywin Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/10/23 09:04 PM
Hi Guys
We are starting to see SD card fails starting to be more common as they get older. We have tried previously to put other brands of SD card into the processors but obviously this does not work.
Does anybody know what is required to use another SD card other than one provided by Samsung?
Thanks
Jay
Posted By: pvj Re: Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/10/23 09:29 PM
Your hint at what will work is what samsung used.
The blue 1gb cards were Samsung and the 2gb cards were Transcend.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/10/23 09:31 PM
The issue is gonna be Samsung's proprietary formatting. We've never had any luck putting another brand SD card in an OS7000 switch.
Posted By: pvj Re: Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/10/23 09:55 PM
No problem using. Transcend card as long as it's 2gb. Never seen this proprietary format being an issue
Posted By: VIBob Re: Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/11/23 04:57 PM
I've been successful cloning the SD card. I use Macrium Reflect and have 2 SD card drives. I put an original Samsung drive in one and clone to a new SD card in the second. The size of the drive doesn't seem to matter much; the last ones I did were SanDisk MicroSD 32GB (with the SD Adapter). Once you clone it'll be the same size as the original. I've used these already in 2 systems where the original SD card failed.

I clone it with the software still on it and then replace the software later with whatever version I require. Use whatever SD card is the least expensive as you'll lose the extra space after the clone.
Posted By: vvbasti Re: Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/18/23 08:03 AM
For the FAT16 Formatting i use every time this tool without any issues.
https://de.minitool.com/partition-manager/danke-fuer-download.html?v=pw-free&r=downloadcenter/

On MP10a i have cards active with a 4GB partition, and its working. Better an Production save its a 2GB FAT16 Partition.

The Similar issue have the SVMi CF Card or HDD, this is not a FAT16 its a FAT8 Partition, the latest tool was can create this, i Remember (Windows 95 Edition A) newer Editions not can Formatting with FAT8. When its read over modern tools shows every time as FAT16.
Posted By: nameless Re: Use 3rd Party SD Card - 04/18/23 11:58 AM
I created a ghost image of the svmi so I could take this image onto a new hard drive.

The svmi-e cards ran pc dos from memory. You could use fat16 as long as you then used the sys command to make it bootable then unzip the scmi files and off you go
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help