atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hey all,

Hoping someone could assist. I have a buddy that inherited a idcs16 system when he leased a building and it was working fine for years but suddenly developed an issue.

When getting inbound calls it rings once then drops the call. You are able to call outbound as normal seems to only be affecting inbound. Any suggestions on what could check that may be causing it?

Idcs16 has a "6TRK" card installed only has 1line fed into the system.
Handsets are idcs 18d

Much appreciated

-larry
I would check to see if the line is shared by other devices like building alarm or fax. I have seen alarm panels do exactly what you are describing.
What RBF said. then disconnect the line from the iDCS, call the number then see if symptoms change.
Used to see this sometimes as a ring trip. Could be an alarm but they are usually programmed to answer after more rings than that.A fax you should hear the cng tone if it answers.

Easy as mentioned , disconnect the line from the system and test.Problem still there?Then it's your line.

Problem goes away try a different line port.
Hey all thanks for the suggestions.

I went back onsite and checked the alarm panel onsite. It is using cell only no telco lines tied to it. So when you call in the Samsung clicks and as it hits the system, the pbx will ring the phones twice but disconnect my cell on ring one. not sure if that has any importance. if I try the phone line direct to a butt set from the provider it rings as intended. its when I tied it into the system that it happens. I also tried trying it on line two into the system and that also disconnects after one ring.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

-LR
What do the handsets display when the call drops?
Where are the trunks ringing on an inbound call?

What I would do is if it rings a group lets say 501 remove all the members except say 201 and try it.
Then add more members until you get the problem. My guess is maybe a sli extension causing the problem.
Not sure if it reports anything on the display when the call drops. (I will double check on this)

@Pvj for the members can I do this from the handset or do I need to setup serial to the unit itself? (haven't done that yet so will have to get cord/software of course)

Thanks - LR
You can do this from a handset
Tried doing it from every handset. It was 501 so i did the 535010 and got confirmation. When calling inbound from cell to system i get one ring on cell and 2 rings on extension still in group. No visual indicator on phone it just show no cid information received.
Ok but you need to do that at every extension, ie remove them all from the group except 1 extension and try it.Do you know how to do keyset programming? Maybe there is a next set in the 501 group. Is there a voicemail system installed?
I removed all the extensions that are hooked up from 501 except one. How would i remove the others? They have 201-205 as extensions being used.
They do have vm yes and he is able to get into that by calling the main number from his extension to get to the vm.
Well, ended up finding a resolution. He had a all in one modem providing phone and internet and that device wasnt working with system. Provider swapped to a arris phone device and it works now /shrug
Good to hear, thanks for posting the answer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help