atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen S video cable - 08/23/04 01:00 PM
I have a friend installing some cable for a bank and they specked out thta they want S-video. I can't figure out what advantage that would have. Sure it adds a litlle more detail from your DVD to your TV but How much quality do you gain to justify the cost? (it is a bank so I guess cost doesn't matter) [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Jonathan Re: S video cable - 08/23/04 01:04 PM
I have worked with schools that specked out S-video connections. We would pull CAT5 and then use pairs to connect to a S-Video insert on both ends. That was pretty cost effective.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: S video cable - 08/23/04 05:08 PM
Jonathan,
Can you but an insert to convert Cat 5 to S-Video? If so, who makes it?

Thanks,
Larry
Posted By: pvj Re: S video cable - 08/23/04 07:06 PM
You mean like this?

https://www.smarthome.com/865166.html
Posted By: Jonathan Re: S video cable - 08/23/04 07:14 PM
I looked quickly at Graybars site and I saw a Panduit Insert. The Graybar ID is 99711578. I am sure that you would be able to find a cheaper insert if you looked a little more.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: S video cable - 08/24/04 12:52 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: slim Re: S video cable - 08/24/04 02:22 AM
Leviton makes them> I Think I pay about 3.50 from ADI.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: S video cable - 08/24/04 12:01 PM
The jist of my question was missed. I am curious as to the quality advantages of using S-video cable.
Posted By: Jonathan Re: S video cable - 08/24/04 01:03 PM
As I understand it (which I am sure you can get several different answers) S video provides better quality because there is less converting on S video than there is on Composite video. This provides a sharper image to your eye.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help