atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man large warehouse - 09/10/04 11:56 PM
I am doing an office space inside a warehouse. The ceilings are about 25 and will require wire hangers for the cable. The ceiling is red iron with metal. I can get to some of the red iron to wrap the wire, but others I can't, so the wire will need to be drilled or shot into the metal. Any ideas where I can get one of those long extender drills used for this?
Posted By: bcousins Re: large warehouse - 09/13/04 07:52 AM
Z,
CADDY makes a Flange mounted Conduit Clip that fits over different sizes of metal joists so that you don't have to drill thru or shoot into the metal beams.
B
Posted By: Rover88 Re: large warehouse - 09/13/04 10:14 PM
I used the flange-clip J-hooks on a job in Philadelphia last year. They work really well.
Posted By: Z-man Re: large warehouse - 09/14/04 07:58 AM
I just can't reach the red iron. I did find a drill extender 18 feet long that will shoot hangers into the sheet metal. I will let you know how it goes.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: large warehouse - 09/14/04 04:59 PM
Scissor Lift??
Posted By: Rover88 Re: large warehouse - 09/15/04 12:42 AM
Caddy also makes J-hooks with clips that go on the same type of hanger wire used for suspended ceiling grid. You could use the ceiling track-hanger's trick of looping and twisting grid wire to the red iron with a cut piece of conduit and using this type of clip.
Posted By: Z-man Re: large warehouse - 09/16/04 11:57 AM
I actually did one better. I made a small twister adapter for the wire hanger and attached it to my 18 foot pole. It took about 4 hours to do 100 hangers, so it worked pretty good.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help