atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nfcphoneman Test-Um NT950 Validator - 11/16/04 02:04 PM
Does anyone have a NT950 Validator Cable Certifier? I received a brochure from Target. Says it will certify up to Cat 6, can upload/dowload to a PC. All for less than $1000.

Seems to good to be true.

https://www.test-um.com/validator/index.htm

------------------
North Florida Communications
Posted By: groundstart Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 11/16/04 05:04 PM
stick with the LANCAT 6......

Yeah its mucho bucks.........BUT YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING...........
Posted By: oberender Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 11/18/04 04:13 AM
Wow it says it tests NEXT we have a test um optical light source and it works great. So who maybe it might work.
Posted By: weiwoo Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 11/28/04 04:47 AM
Ohh!!! can't wait to get my hand on this tester! but when?? some say september, some says, mid december and some says next feb!!
Posted By: Russ Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 12/15/04 07:20 AM
Hi all. I came across this thread when I Googled the NT950 Validator. Thought you might be interested to know that as of 12/15/2004, at least one company has finally received stock from Test-Um.

Apparently Stay Online is now shipping these.
Posted By: weiwoo Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 12/18/04 05:00 AM
anyone ever tried it?? really as good as it said? want to make sure before i part with my money.
Posted By: bartel Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/16/05 07:22 PM
Anyone get one of these yet? I'm thinking about getting one but would like to hear about it first.

Thanks
Chris
Posted By: HtownDan Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/17/05 06:48 AM
have one on the way. just waiting for it to arrive. will let everyone know how it works.
Posted By: HtownDan Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/18/05 01:30 PM
well i got it in. so far i am pretty impressed. going to get it in the field for a real test. will test just about any cable you throw at it. having used omniscanner 2 testers on normal occasion i sure will like if this thing does everything it says it will. for 950.00 you can't beat it.

however you do need to keep in mind that this won't do fiber. but seems to be a good unit for the price. going to mess with software soon as well and will report on it as well.
Posted By: bartel Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/18/05 07:10 PM
Thanks Dan, let us know!

Chris
Posted By: switchtek41 Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/19/05 06:55 PM
I almost bought this tester until i found out you cannot email the test results.What they do is provide you with a pad and pass/fail stickers and you place these stickers on the pad which has different test parameters on it like linemap pass/fail,attenuation pass/fail etc.For that kind of money i would need to be able to download or import test results not use stickers and a note pad.Gee i would feel like i'm in kindergarten again playing with stickers.
I finally bought a Wavetek..works great!
Posted By: weiwoo Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/21/05 02:47 AM
got the tester myself. the software is abit hard to use, you have to draw a floor plan in order to plan a cable test, unless you are willing to key in the cable ID one by one from the keypad, which are very time consumming at field.
got the tester myself. the software is abit hard to use, you have to draw a floor plan in order to plan a cable test, unless you are willing to key in the cable ID one by one from the keypad, which are very time consumming at field.
Posted By: weiwoo Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 01/21/05 02:48 AM
Posted By: jdctester Re: Test-Um NT950 Validator - 04/01/05 03:27 PM
I have the Validator and the new updates Test-Um put out for free really help with this issue you are talking about. Validator has work great for me!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by weiwoo:
got the tester myself. the software is abit hard to use, you have to draw a floor plan in order to plan a cable test, unless you are willing to key in the cable ID one by one from the keypad, which are very time consumming at field. </font>
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help