atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: anthony11 Labeler - 11/25/04 03:45 PM
I would like to buy a labeler to lable my wiring. I am looking for sugestions on a good labeler at a fair price. Thanks

Also what do you think when a customer wants to pay you for cable drops not not caunting how many cables go to that specific location. He said it does not mater how many cables you pull is just one drop if they all go to the same location. I do not think this is fair. It should be per each 1 cable...right?

Thanks
Posted By: justbill Re: Labeler - 11/25/04 04:42 PM
I just use a fine sharpie then label the block when I've punched them down. I do have a dymo labeler which works pretty good. Each location is a drop tell him to find someone else or pay by the hour, time and material.
Bill
Posted By: anthony11 Re: Labeler - 11/25/04 04:52 PM
you mean if a charge let say $75 per drop. It is $75 per cable. Even if multiple cables go to one location.(3 cables to one location=$225 right?)
Posted By: ttech Re: Labeler - 11/25/04 05:14 PM
We usually do a price for the first voice drop and first Data Drop.
Let say $75 like your example,then charge less for each addition to the same spot. like 60 or 65 for the additional

so it would be 75+60+60=$195

The time saver is in running the cable, But you still have to punch down each cable AND you end up with more cables to sort thru so in reality you still end up with plenty of labor for the extra runs.

We use the Brother P-Touch for the labeling.

Check out www.ptouchlables.com The tapes are less than half of the cost at an office store. I just bought the PT-1650

Don
Posted By: justbill Re: Labeler - 11/25/04 08:47 PM
If all are going to the same box than I agree with ttech, give um a break. What I've found is they want data on this wall, fax here and phone there, sorry but that's 3 separate pulls. You make more per pull, but I've found if you tell them XX per hour plus material, they will go for the per pull rate cause they know the bottom line.
Bill
Posted By: Z-man Re: Labeler - 11/25/04 11:45 PM
Brady makes some nice label systems that work well.
Posted By: Milestone Re: Labeler - 12/11/04 12:43 PM
Brady makes some very nice labellers but depending on how much time you have to prepare a simple word template and either some inkjet or laser labels can also give your work a professional and clean look.
We also using a sliding scale depending on the number of cables in a drop but for less than 10 drops we only do the jobs on T&M

Chris

------------------
Milestone Technologies
One stop solutions for all of your Telecom, Data and VoIP needs
www.milestone-technologies.com
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help