atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: oobie Clicking on Phone Line - 12/10/04 07:54 AM
Residential line has clicking on it. Have narrowed it down to only happening when i have a modem attached or have a line plugged into my satellite receiver. I have a neighbor with an electrical fence that runs parallel to the phone lines along the road for approximately 100 yards. I am going to have him shut it off to test to see if it goes away. If it is because of the fence, what would be a fix for it?

Thanks
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Clicking on Phone Line - 12/10/04 08:42 AM
I have seen this before at Bobby Rahall's House.

It was pretty funny, every time the phones rang the dogs would do flips!!

What had happened is they buried the electric fence right over the under ground drop coming to the house and the inductance was causing this to happen.

I would have telco come out and mark where the lines are underground.

Then you should be able to find out if the dog fence was put in on top or next to it.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]
Posted By: justbill Re: Clicking on Phone Line - 12/10/04 08:54 AM
I think he's talking electric fence as in to keep cattle or horses in. The clicking is the cycling of power to the electric fence, there isn't power on them constant the cycling gives a bigger kick. Check all bonding on the drop or cable, make sure he isn't using the telco terminal as a ground for his charger. I've seen this before it's usually cause by the way the fence or charger is installed.
Bill
(sometimes is pays to live in the booneys)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help