atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GiaCom Cabling Etiquette - 01/10/05 08:47 AM
Does anyone know of a way to find out the going rate for cabling in a certain geographical area? Is it bad to call around when attempting to set a price for a job you are bidding on? Would you charge differently for a 75ft drop vs a 150ft drop? Any information would be a tremendous help. Thanks.
Posted By: clanier Re: Cabling Etiquette - 01/10/05 10:07 AM
Our price per run is based on runs up to 150 ft. If it exceeds that distance we add an incremental charge. The price per pull is going to vary for Cat 3, 5 and 6 anywhere from $50 to $100. You also have to take into account the enviroment that you are placing the cable. I have bid 3-4 times the going rate for difficult wire runs in some cases.
Posted By: GiaCom Re: Cabling Etiquette - 01/10/05 10:21 AM
Thanks for that info... Is it always assumed that the cables are certified? (Probably a really dumb question, but I am trying to make perfect sense of this!)And does drop price include everything, including supplies, map power, etc? Is there an industry standard time to run 1 cable? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: GiaCom Re: Cabling Etiquette - 01/10/05 10:23 AM
***I meant MAN power!*** [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: WRichey Re: Cabling Etiquette - 01/11/05 08:07 PM
We assume one hour per run and the only inclusion is the face plate and jacks not the panel or wire management
Posted By: Z-man Re: Cabling Etiquette - 01/11/05 09:16 PM
there are no set guidelines to bidding a cable job. Everyone can be different. just make sure it is spelled out in writing.
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Cabling Etiquette - 01/22/05 08:04 AM
No, do not assume that the cables are certified?

Telephone Systems | Voice / Data Cabling
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help