atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Norstargirl Omega phones - 03/21/05 08:15 AM
Good morning,

Does anyone know what pairs the omega phones work off of? (this system is about 20 years old) Thanks

------------------
Norstargirl
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Omega phones - 03/21/05 08:46 AM
Isn't Omega from Iwatsu? If so, you may have more luck getting an answer posting in that category. Otherwise, maybe try posting in Other Systems. This doesn't really apply as a Cabling question.

And as you can probably tell, I don't know the answer to your question. Sorry.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Omega phones - 03/21/05 10:35 AM
If I am not mistaken it's REALLY weird and you had better check the jacks some idiots terminated these thigs at the jack level rather than keeping the USOC code intact so they wouldn't have to mess with the cross connects. Better get a manual for this OR pop a jack open and take a look at it and the jumpers. I am pretty sure this is a 3 pair system.
Posted By: lundah Re: Omega phones - 03/22/05 07:25 AM
Depends on if it's Omega III or Omega IV. Omega III used 6 wires if I remember correctly, USOC standard except the 3rd pair is crossed. Omega IV used 4 wires, wired RJ14 standard (they also used a 3rd pair if you have Busy By-Pass). It's been about 9 years since I worked on one, so my memory may be a little rusty.
Posted By: Phone_girl_NE Re: Omega phones - 06/03/05 08:50 PM
If memory serves me right, the larger Omega 4's wired just like the pins in a jack. In other words you punched them down w-g/w-o/b-w/w-b/o-w/g-w. Just an FYI.
Steph
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help