atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: clgjr new leviton jack tool - 03/29/05 08:58 PM
neat tool for leviton jacks! https://www.levitonvoicedata.com/learning/animationplayer.asp?filename=Jackrapid_anim.swf
Posted By: groundstart Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 02:41 AM
i happen to see one up close, looks OK....BUT I didnt like the construction where the trigger and spring connect at the main part.....

Have a great day Chaz.
Posted By: KENB Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 04:44 AM
whats the cost or are they freebees ?
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 05:16 AM
Seen one and was not impressed. The cost was in the 70-80 dollars range if I remember right and the tools construction didn't cut it. Reminded me of the first cheap connector tool that came out to try to replace the AMP tool connector kit.
Posted By: junkman Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 05:44 AM
I agree, they look cheap. Definitely not worth that much, especially for someone that doesn't use Leviton very much.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 06:04 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KENB:
whats the cost or are they freebees ?</font>

I think I saw somewhere that if you bought a case (box) of jacks, you could get the tool for free.

I saw these as well. Home Depot even had them. Nice idea. Possibly needs a better design.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: ttech Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 04:13 PM
freebee link

https://www.levitonvoicedata.com/freejackrapid/default.aspx
Posted By: hbiss Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 04:37 PM
Since I'm independently wealthy [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] I coughed up the $70 bucks mainly because I always use Leviton.

I'm a little disappointed with the plastic construction too but it is solid. It is reminescent of those cheap plug pressers but it is better constructed and doesn't have the stress and pressure of a plug presser. Time will tell but I think it will do OK.

I have found it to be a time saver but more importantly it allowed me to install jacks in tight places where you would normally have had to move furniture unless you had a long tail to work with. I think this alone made up for the cost of the tool although I believe $70 is a bit steep.

-Hal
Posted By: 1864 Re: new leviton jack tool - 03/30/05 09:00 PM
Pry the old yellow 110 tool from my dead hands!
At least with it you can tell if you have a good connection or not. I quess if you get used to this new tool and it works for you, you could trust it's integrety. I cant see it saving any considerable amount of time.

Maybe when I'm wealthy I'll get one!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: new leviton jack tool - 04/01/05 06:46 AM
Well I am working the angles to get one. I order 500 inserts in Jan so maybe. Free tools are the best [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits
Posted By: skip555 Re: new leviton jack tool - 05/26/05 09:23 PM
bought one on ebay for 35.00 new in the box

well worth it in my opion I particularly like being able to get in close when there is not mush cable to work with .
Posted By: kmurrey Re: new leviton jack tool - 06/13/05 06:38 PM
My distributor had one of these out for demo on the counter. They seemed to work just fine.

------------------
Keith A. Murrey
Data Voice Solutions, ltd.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help