atcomsystems.ca/forum
I had a question for wiring a Keyset daughterboard. Samsung Falcon KDB-DLI or Samsung Falcon KDB-SLI. These 2 items are basically daughterboards that let you take a Samsung phone and add an another completely separate port that will allow you to connect another phone or analog device provided you have the original phone connected to a( 2B+D)card in the system. I am not sure if phone you specialized has an equilivent item.

Anyway, My question is what type of wiring do you think I would need to have? 1 pair or 2 pair ?

Thanks.
One pair from the KSU to the phone and one pair from that phone to the second phone.
It depends on where you will place the 2nd phone. You can also run 2 pair from your punch-down to the phone and strap the 2nd phone to the 2nd pair at the punch-down providing you don't exceed wire lenght.
Hi.

So the first phone will only have 1 pair going into the punchdown? Even if it has a second phone attached to it?

In other words, if you open up the phone jack connected to the wall, how many pairs should be running to the punchdown?

Can the person on the first phone still receive multiple calls?

Thanks.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John_Dumass:

Hi.

So the first phone will only have 1 pair going into the punchdown? </font>

YES

In other words, if you open up the phone jack connected to the wall, how many pairs should be running to the punchdown?

ONE

Can the person on the first phone still receive multiple calls?

YES

Edited: fixed quote

[This message has been edited by test-ok (edited April 18, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help