atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: poolfool HELP HELP!! 48 strand fanout kit - 01/02/07 02:39 PM
Original quote was for indoor/outdoor fiber. The guy who did the bore job had 600' of outdoor 48 strand fiber for a buck a foot (Thats cheap!!). Anyway long story short, instead of having four buffer tubes for each 12 strands all 48 strands in one buffer tube!! They are in binders like 100+ pair copper (the first 12 starnds wrapped in a bluebinder the next 12 in orange...). The cable is Avaya with an '02 date code, about 1/2" thick, several fiberglass stregnthening rods, almost cotten swab like material over buffer tube, then the opaque buffer tube filled with icky pic and all 48 fibers. My question is, Do any of yall have a 48 strand fan out kit that would fit this cable and like to sale to me cheap???
Posted By: jwooten Re: HELP HELP!! 48 strand fanout kit - 01/02/07 03:58 PM
I've never had good luck with more than six strands in a tube! That being said, test before you put it in the ground and test after. Never seen a fanout more than 24 leg. From what I researched, you're going to need parts to step it down then fan it.
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: HELP HELP!! 48 strand fanout kit - 01/02/07 06:16 PM
I always recommend a decent indoor/outdoor tight-buffered fiber (Optical Cable Corp BX breakout series) to customers and contractors alike if I am doing the terminations and testing. Loose tube is no fun. You might be able to carefully stack two sets of six, but 8 sets will be touchy. Is it hybrid fiber or all multimode?
Posted By: mgere Re: HELP HELP!! 48 strand fanout kit - 01/03/07 05:01 AM
I find that it is hard enough to terminate 12 strand in a breakout kit, let alone 48. I would just take the time and do four sets of 12 and be done with it. Another thought is if they don't need all 48, just terminate 12 strand.
Posted By: poolfool Re: HELP HELP!! 48 strand fanout kit - 01/08/07 05:44 AM
Thanks guys! (or gals,if any replied) Managed to break out into bundles of twelve using some old tubing had around here and some srink wrap. Let me tell ya, It was NO fun. Once broken down to twelve's was able to use regular 12-strand fan out kits. I recommend to all of you out there, NEVER ORDER OR BUY FIBER CABLE THAT HAS ALL THE STRANDS IN ONE BUFFER TUBE!!!
Posted By: AZ_Dude Re: HELP HELP!! 48 strand fanout kit - 02/17/07 10:51 PM
Me thinks there was a reason it was "a buck a foot"
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help