atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Anonymous AFL Telecommunications Fiber - 01/18/07 06:36 PM
Does anyone use their products? I'm getting certified in Fiber optic cabling next month with them.
Posted By: Distributor Re: AFL Telecommunications Fiber - 02/14/07 08:51 AM
I am a distributor for AFL (Alcoa). They sell a complete line with everything you are looking for.

Their Fast Connects are a brilliant connector that they came out with: you literally strip the fiber, cleave it, push it into the the connector, and you're done. Takes about 30-60 seconds per connector. These are a few dollars less than the Corning Unicams.

If you have any questions about pricing, please let me know.
Posted By: -=SoCal_Ender=- Re: AFL Telecommunications Fiber - 02/27/07 12:32 PM
Hey Jason,
What are the connectors you are talking about refered to? Do you have a link so that I could see them? Thank you, Robert Watson
Posted By: Distributor Re: AFL Telecommunications Fiber - 02/28/07 10:40 AM
Robert,

Sorry I didn't get back to your post sooner. The name of the connector is the Fast Connect. Leviton also has the exact same one that they call the Fast Cam (Leviton buys it from AFL and resells it after puting it in a "Leviton" marked package). Leviton's costs a few dollars more though because of this.

This link should take you directly to the AFL website and the Fast Connect page:

https://www.afltele.com/products/optical_connectivity/connectors/FastConnectors.html

At the bottom of that page, it will have a PDF file that you can download that lists some of its specs.

If you need pricing, a sample or have any questions, please let me know.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help