atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jrbeilke Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 10:26 AM
We're putting together a small system to be used as a demo for new customers and I wanted to see if we could find a nice small block for this system, instead of carrying around a 66 block with the system.

If you guys could point me in the direction of anyone that supplies these types of blocks that would be great. Also if you use any of these smaller blocks it'd be nice to know how you've got it set up.

Thanks
Posted By: hbiss Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 10:33 AM
They do make a 12 pair "66" block that is shorter than the 25. How many pairs do you need? What do you mean by "nice and small" and why is a 25 pair block a problem?

-Hal
Posted By: jrbeilke Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 10:59 AM
Our current demo system uses 4 lines and 6 extensions, as far as I know we won't be expanding the system much more than the current set up.

I've seen some of the manufacturer's demo systems that come with a small harmonica block with 5-6 ports and it would be nice to try and do the same for our demo.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 11:07 AM
why use a 66 block

I would terminate everything to keystone jacks and mod plugs
Posted By: hbiss Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 11:38 AM
I agree. Leviton for one makes a 6 port surface housing that takes keystone jacks. Ports are along the side, not like a wall plate.

-Hal
Posted By: RobCalltrol Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 11:50 AM
Leviton also makes a box with 25 1-pair jacks. We use them in our lab to connect to staion cards. Some of my customers use them for small systems, or some instances where they had patch panels instead of blocks. The model number is 41600-I (the one I have is ivory).
Posted By: jrbeilke Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 01:19 PM
Thanks for the help guys, just found that Ortronics makes a multi-jak adapter (part# OR-812045645) for a 25 amphenol to 6 or 12 jacks, and it looks like this should be perfect for our demo system.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 05:18 PM
Mmmm, you didn't mention that your system had Amphenol connectors, not all do. If you had, one of us would have suggested that first off. :shrug:

-Hal
For training on Magix systems, I use a 2-gang, 12-port keystone face plate, in a metal electrical box, and a 25-foot amplenol cable attached. Set system on floor of conference room, plug in amphenol and place in center of table. Plug in phones, and play "let's pretend" for pre-cut training.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Compact Wiring Block for Demo System - 04/23/07 07:58 PM
I have done similar for my Inter-Tel systems for testing. Just use a 6 port surface housing for the ports and an amphenol cable to attach to the KSU.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help