atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi.

Can anyone let me know if Lucent/ Avaya Cat5e and Cat3 Jacks /keystone/ modules fit into a standard wall plate or if they require a specialized wall plates from lucent/Avaya.

I think I was told a while back that for Leviton requires special leviton plates. So I was curious if the Lucent/ Avaya had the same issues.

I would sure appreciate you help on this.

Thanks again!
the last lucent I used only worked on their plates , leviton will work with most plates (leviton / ICC / allentel, ETC )
I have found most keystone surface mounts are particular to their own brand mounts.
there was a post here at one time that listed all jack and plate options. I would do a search for it.
yuo can put a leviton fit on beldon plate guys
Lucent/Avaya's are unique - nothing else fits them, and they don't fit anything else.

To release the jack from the faceplate, remove the plastic cap from the punchdown, it will have to tabs sticking out. Push those tabs into the small holes on either side of the jack to release the locking tabs, then pull the jack out of the faceplate.
Thanks TTT, I learned something again !!
I learned the lucent lesson the hard way , doing a job that specked a half a dozen drops with lucent jacks (Sherwin Williams store all diffrent colors )

so I dropped by alltel picked up the jacks (hey I had plenty of faceplate's ), drove 40 miles to the josite ,pulled my cable went ot put the jacks on eek

40 miles back for the right faceplate's

didn't make much on that job :rolleyes:
Actually, Suttle's STAR series of modules & face plates are compatible with Avaya/Lucent hardware.
I think its always best to use the same brand of faceplate and jacks together. After all, they were made for each other.
Commscope is now the manufacturer of Systimax (AT&T, Lucent and Avaya) cables, hardware & such.
It sure makes thing difficult when Lucent/Avaya had not make their module jacks different than the standard. So now its uncertain which plates work with them and which don't

Is there a list of compatible models to Lucent/avaya? So far from this message board, I am gathering that:

1. Commscope
2. Shuttle star series
3. Lucent/avaya brand ones of course.

So these plates that work with Avaya/Lucent will not work for Leviton or other standard modules?

On another topic regarding Leviton:

It is my understanding that they also make their own wall plates but they will kind of fit a standard plate although it might be a very tight fit. Is that correct? So they are must less specialized than the Lucent/avaya modules.

In other words, it sounds like Lucent/Avaya has a radically different method fit their plate whereas Leviton and the rest use the standard fit method.

Thanks again for your help.
No, Leviton is a standard keystone jack.
Commscope bought Systimax, which was Avaya's data cabling line, formerly Lucent, formerly AT&T.
Jeff
If you use Keystones made by ICC or any other manufacturer that uses the "in-line" terminations, they won't fit the 4- or 6-plex Leviton faceplates. You have to switch to ICC's "High Density" jacks to make them fit.

Customer chose Leviton "Almond" for their electrical. ICC's Almond didn't match at all, so we chose ICC Cat-6 jacks and Leviton 3-plex faceplates. That color match was OK.
Yeah, sometimes you run into that smile
The job I am working on is all Leviton, in ivory, so it will match fine.
When Commscope bought Avaya's wiring line, they created 2 lines of products. The have their Systimax line and Uniprise line. Uniprise is a lower grade than systimax but everything looks the same between the 2 lines. I have never tried using the 2 together but it should work. I use Systimax all the time.
Systimax and Uniprise go together just fine.
https://www.sundance-communications.../ubb/get_topic/f/24/t/000237.html#000000

there is a chart in the link check it out.
Originally posted by WRichey:
https://www.sundance-communications.../ubb/get_topic/f/24/t/000237.html#000000

there is a chart in the link check it out.
https://www.phonegeeks.com/whatfitinwha.html

THANKS! That really help out!
Even if the jacks fit the wallplate, it still poses limitations. If you want to go 6 outlets per wallplate, you must use a jack designed to fit. The vertical spacing of the openings determines the jack type you use. I always use Allen-Tel because they fit all wallplates in all configurations. Except those damned Unicom products - totally not compatible. They use proprietary dimensions.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help